• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
A new storm has formed in the Atlantic and her name is Rita. Model runs are all over the place with this one as per the 5PM NHC advisory. Even though none of the model runs are directly over the area, atleast two of the model runs steer it between New Orleans to the Alabama coast. Two other model runs (and from what I hear are the most dependable) steer it towards Texas. Let's hope the only thing this brings to SOWAL is more sand for the beaches.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
AL182005mlts.gif

Just one UGA grad helping another. ;-)

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Smiling JOe said:
Just one UGA grad helping another. ;-)

DOH! I didn't realize that I posted the link instead of the image. Thanks a lot Joe, I did not know that you too graduated from UGA! We must share stories.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
And the models have updated since that posting. Two of them still take it over LA which is horrible, but so far it looks even better for the Panhandle.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
bsmart said:
And the models have updated since that posting. Two of them still take it over LA which is horrible, but so far it looks even better for the Panhandle.

The photo should be updated with the one on that site because I copied the image location rather than the photo itself. :D

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Marga "rita" looks like she is headed straight across to Mexico. Don't wish her upon anyone but the panhandle doesn't need any more storms. TWC said that the high pressure system over the mid/lower southeast should push her across the GOM to Tx or Mexico on or before Friday. Hope she doesn't turn into the panhandle or worse into La. Gulfcoast as a whole doesn't need anymore from Pensacola west to NOLA. :bang:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I guess the good news is that if Rita hits the same area as Katrina, at least they have not rebuilt, and New Orleans won't have the same evacuation problems. You think the Mayor could get it right this time if it came their way?

Seadog

Beach Comber
Aug 15, 2005
PensacolaBeachPhotos.com
I hope it steers clear of the panhandle !! They must be getting close to being out of names ?

28_1_16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.