• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
We appreciate your input regarding the beach vendors. Your thoughts will certainly be considered when this comes before the Board of County Commissioners.

Kindest Regards,
Cecilia Jones
District 2 Commissioner
552 Walton Rd
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433

Telephone (850) 892-4020

CJ/ ecs
Wonder who ecs is???????? C.jones doesn't have a clue and doesn't care about tax payers...[/QUOTE]

Translated means= I appreciate you wanting to regulate my family members, but it ain't happening over my dead body. Your concerns have been put in file 13 and your off the mailing list.;)
:2001:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't buy that C. Jones won't act on the complaints. If her relative was an idiot with a truck full of chairs I'd believe that, but in my experience and dealings he is a vendor that should be an example to others. It's the huge new companies that are the most flagrant violators.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
I don't buy that C. Jones won't act on the complaints. If her relative was an idiot with a truck full of chairs I'd believe that, but in my experience and dealings he is a vendor that should be an example to others. It's the huge new companies that are the most flagrant violators.
I appreciate hearing from someone who knows him. That's good to hear.

I think she should not be involved in beach vendor decisions. Especially when we are doing questionable and unwise things like giving vendors half of the beach and other practices that are ruining our beach experience for locals and visitors.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Due to a scheduling conflict, the Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC) Marketing & Media Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for September 6, 2016 has been cancelled.

The next committee meeting will be held at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 1, 2016, at the Visit South Walton Visitor Center Conference Room located at 25777 US Hwy 331 South, Santa Rosa Beach, FL, 32459.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Due to a scheduling conflict, the Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC) Marketing & Media Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for September 6, 2016 has been cancelled.

The next committee meeting will be held at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, November 1, 2016, at the Visit South Walton Visitor Center Conference Room located at 25777 US Hwy 331 South, Santa Rosa Beach, FL, 32459.
They had a conflict on both September dates?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The TDC did send out a notice that the September TDC Marketing & Media Advisory Committee meeting was cancelled due to a conflict. Some of the TDC committees do not meet every month.

The Post Season Beach Vendor public meetings are still on at this time, and a BCC workshop is also scheduled to take input on a comprehensive beach management plan.

See below:

Post Season Beach Vendor Public Meeting

The Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC) Beach Operations staff will hold a Public Meeting at 3:00 p.m.,Tuesday, September 6, 2016 and again at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 13, 2016 to discuss the 2016 Beach vending season and general beach vending issues.

Both meetings will be held at the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Center Blvd. in Santa Rosa Beach.

PUBLIC WORKSHOP

You are hereby notified that the Walton County Board of County Commissioners will hold a Public Workshop on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the South Walton Courthouse Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd., Santa Rosa Beach, FL.

The purpose of this meeting is to receive input on a Comprehensive Beach Management Plan.

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
It was attended by approximately 10 vendors and 15 others.

The issue of "ghost chairs" was discussed extensively but we did not hear about any specific plans to address the issue. Brian Kellenberger and the TDC want the vendors to self-regulate to solve the issue.

TDC code enforcement staff is being increased to 10 people and the TDC beach ambassadors were being increased to 4 people. It was stated that due to the long hours and 7 day coverage that meant about 3 code enforcement people would be on the beach at any given time to cover the 67 beach accesses along the 26 miles of South Walton beaches.

There is one more meeting to discuss vendor issues next week on Sep 13 at 9am at the South Annex. There is meeting to discuss general TDC beach management issues on Sep 21 at 5pm in the South Annex.

If you have specific complaints or comments, please attend. If you cannot attend, please send emails to the TDC and the BCC indicating specifically what you are dissatisfied with. If they don't hear from us, they don't think there are any problems. The TDC is now formulating their recommendations for any changes for next season. They will present them to the TDC Advisory Board on Oct 4 and then to the BCC on Oct 11.