• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Very well run meeting highlighting the general ignorance of most vendors to property rights and a basic understanding of the Beach ordinance.

A small group of vendors ruining it for everyone else.

No talk about the Grayton Beach Wedding Brawl...

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Very well run meeting highlighting the general ignorance of most vendors to property rights and a basic understanding of the Beach ordinance.

A small group of vendors ruining it for everyone else.

No talk about the Grayton Beach Wedding Brawl...

If the TDC Director and the Sherrif weren't there to address conduct first thing, then it was not a well run meeting in my opinion. Even if it was just one bad apple.

We need to severely limit stuff on the beach. Our community was very passionate about getting rid of overnight tents and stuff. The number of chairs and umbrellas is just as big a problem.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
If the TDC Director and the Sherrif weren't there to address conduct first thing, then it was not a well run meeting in my opinion. Even if it was just one bad apple. We need to severely limit stuff on the beach. Our community was very passionate about getting rid of overnight tents and stuff. The number of chairs and umbrellas is just as big a problem.
county commission will discuss possible new rules in their September and October meetings

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Perhaps the under utilized code enforcement officer could record violators so they can be denied vendor licenses in the future?

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
They should remind vendors that a beach vending permit and a beach driving permit are 2 different things!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It is subject to Sunshine.

Everything that was discussed is also Public Record. This would include the binder that Mr. Bagby had with the numerous complaint letters received.

Just call and request it...

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Perhaps the under utilized code enforcement officer could record violators so they can be denied vendor licenses in the future?

Local, I know you are being facetious about Code Enforcement. Walton County's Code Enforcement department is a farce... and that is putting it nicely. I've never seen an area that is so afraid to do anything except pass the buck to some other area. WHY are they even there?!