• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

stephjabo

Beach Comber
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield, MO
Hi, I have been monitoring this site for some time and have been to Seagrove several times. However, not with three teenage boys! What is available for them to do at night. They would like to be able to hang out, go meet girls and they definitely have to be able to walk to whereever they are going. I am looking for any suggestions. We are staying at Beachcrest Aug. 5th to the 12th. They think they can hang in bars if they don't drink; which I have assured them they can't even thought I don't really know. So what is the story and where can I steer them? I definitely need help in this area!;-)

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There are no bars within walking distance of Beachcrest. Unless you count a few restaurant bars where the only teenage girls are with their families or waiting tables.

Steer them towards astronomy. The stars are fabulous on the beach at night. Also, marine biology is a good direction.

Fishing, biking, kayaking, swimming, and hiking should wear them out during the day. If not they can walk down to Seaside where teens are usually sober. Younger teens love to hang out around the Central Square. Older teens may also but are much better at pretending to be bored. They will be wiped out when they get back because it is a pretty good walk.

I've never heard of 19 and 20 year-olds that have trouble finding alcohol inside or outside of bars.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We'll be down to the beach on either the 4th or the 5th; staying until the 8th or 9th, so that overlaps with your trip. Our 17 year old daughter and 19 year old son are coming with us, though the latter changes his mind daily about whether he wants to be caught dead vacationing with his family. ;-) Our condo is nearby the one you're staying at, so if your bunch wants hang with our two, that's fine. Just PM me.

BTW, what Kurt says about teens is true. I wish I didn't know that!!!

They can hang out at places like Red Bar, Pandora's, Blue Orleans and the Seabar without worrying about being underage (if they're not trying to drink). But 331 and Bud & Alley's begin carding after 10pm, I think. I'm sure they'll find SOMETHING to do.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I find most of the cute 19 and 20 year old girls at...
:eek: Just kidding! Gotcha!

Ditto Kurt and Steeleing1. If they want to hang out with girls in the evening (don't see many "ladies of the night"), they need to meet them in the daytime and plan to hook up, (aka hang out- although, both terms will probably put fear into every daddy of young girls) later in the evening.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Smiling JOe said:

Ditto Kurt and Steeleing1. If they want to hang out with girls in the evening (don't see many "ladies of the night"), they need to meet them in the daytime and plan to hook up (aka hang out- although, both terms will probably put fear into every daddy of young girls) later in the evening.
yeah, don't say hook-up.

stephjabo

Beach Comber
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield, MO
Johnrudy said:
yeah, don't say hook-up.
I forget that that kids language has different meanings to different people. I am a social worker with teenagers and have become immune to the term; I tend to interpret meaning. By hooking up, I and (hopefully) they meant people to meet and hang out with. Since I work with teenagers, I am especially vigilant regarding inappropriate behavior..... Thanks for reminding me of the language. Steph

Biff

Beach Fanatic
He He !!!!!!!!

Good one S.J. :lolabove:

Smiling JOe said:

Ditto Kurt and Steeleing1. If they want to hang out with girls in the evening (don't see many "ladies of the night"), they need to meet them in the daytime and plan to hook up, (aka hang out- although, both terms will probably put fear into every daddy of young girls) later in the evening.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
They could always hook up with some fish.

stephjabo

Beach Comber
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield, MO
Sueshore said:
They could always hook up with some fish.
I can only hope. The best case scenario is that they exhaust themselves, walk a lot, find no females, do nothing foolish and watch a movie in the square at Seaside. I am going to be optimistic... and yes I am sure they will try to pull some stuff over on my husband and I. Can't decide if it would have been better for us to let the child go to Spring Break with a group of college kids or this with us. What you don't know, doesn't hurt you! I'll let you know afterwords... If I had only known my parent's agony.