• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hollibird

Beach Lover
We know the market is terrible right now... but my husband thinks we should just list the house by owner for what we wanted to make about 3 years ago when things were good. and just see if we get any bites (besides from realtors). For instance - we live in Destiny West. The value has decreased, but had we listed it 3 years ago, we could have asked for at least 900,000 and have wiggle room.

What are the cons by listing it at this price? If anything, I would think the other houses would look like a deal in comparison.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
We know the market is terrible right now... but my husband thinks we should just list the house by owner for what we wanted to make about 3 years ago when things were good. and just see if we get any bites (besides from realtors). For instance - we live in Destiny West. The value has decreased, but had we listed it 3 years ago, we could have asked for at least 900,000 and have wiggle room.

What are the cons by listing it at this price, hoping that someone that doesn't know any different (maybe from out of state or out of the country)? If anything, I would think the other houses would look like a deal in comparison.

Why not sell it to those people you have convinced into making $3900 a month? They should be able to afford it no matter what you are asking.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008

What are the cons by listing it at this price, hoping that someone that doesn't know any different (maybe from out of state or out of the country)? If anything, I would think the other houses would look like a deal in comparison.

The number of people who don't know any better is at an all time low. :D

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

If someone can still be successful finding victims for an illegal pyramid scheme I am sure that they could find victims to hose on a house. The problem being finding someone to do the closing that is not going to let the cat out of the bag. All of the fake closing agents have probably moved on to other nefarious schemes.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
If someone can still be successful finding victims for an illegal pyramid scheme I am sure that they could find victims to hose on a house. The problem being finding someone to do the closing that is not going to let the cat out of the bag. All of the fake closing agents have probably moved on to other nefarious schemes.

Appraiser.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
So this mythical buyer, assuming he or she paid cash and did not need an appraisal, would immediately be $200K or $300K underwater? Is your place that special that it would not matter?

Seriously -- would you wish this on your worst enemy? Or are you just trying to transfer your misery to someone else? Because that's pretty much what you are talking about, unless you have some priceless water view that nobody else has.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005

...but they are still out there. How about the 1200 square foot, Joe built:yikes: cottage in Phase I of Watercolor that just sold for $1.05 million or just over $800 per square foot.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Words escape me.

Do you have any motivation to sell your house other than the possibility that you might find a stupid buyer to screw over?

Good thing you live at the beach, you'll be quasi used to the heat when your karma catches up with you. :roll:

P.S. One would think someone who could ACTUALLY turn $6 into $3900 every month wouldn't need to dabble in real estate grifting.