• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
What a fascinating tangent discussion.. why? Do you think Chrome will ultimately replace Firefox as the de'jour IE competitor down the road?

personally, it doesn't grab me as a competitor to FF yet, therefore it's need to stay in beta. But, with all things google, they can throw mountains of money at it and make it viable.

Hollibird

Beach Lover
Talk about beating a dead horse... OK. You may be onto something here. In past threads we have all agreed the boom was because of Developers/Realtors/banks/buyers/sellers/etc. I was just curious why the banks were the only ones getting bailed out if all the above were spewing Real Estate rhetoric? :dunno: Where's my bail out? :D

Yes when I USED to be a realtor, I was told to stay positive. Tell clients that "things are looking better - on the way back up" It was total BS. Now I am paying the price. I was just hoping someone would buy the house, thinking it was where they wanted to be... a block from the beach, nice neighborhood, pool, gym, etc. and it was worth the money we were asking. but I see how everyones attitude is so poor (as is mine now) that it will never happen. I guess the bank wins. Bye.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Yes when I USED to be a realtor, I was told to stay positive. Tell clients that "things are looking better - on the way back up" It was total BS. Now I am paying the price. I was just hoping someone would buy the house, thinking it was where they wanted to be... a block from the beach, nice neighborhood, pool, gym, etc. and it was worth the money we were asking. but I see how everyones attitude is so poor (as is mine now) that it will never happen. I guess the bank wins. Bye.

The bank lent you X for the house, they'll sell it for Y after it's foreclosed on in a deal where Y is substantially lower than X, so I don't think they are winning anything. The real winners amidst the wreckage will be the realtor and seller who sold the house to you, and the realtor who sells the foreclosure to the next guy at a substantially reduced price (..and the bank that finances the deal. :D)

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
The real winners amidst the wreckage will be the realtor and seller who sold the house to you, and the realtor who sells the foreclosure to the next guy at a substantially reduced price...

...and the mortgage broker, and the appraiser, and the title company, and the housing inspector, and the county. OH, yeah, and the Granite Countertop Fabicator.

ClintClint

Beach Fanatic
Jul 2, 2008
I'll bet ya by Gawd this real estate collapse stops the blood sucking divorces from always resulting in the wife getting the house----by Gawd, by Gawd!!