• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
Mr Seagrover just came back in from the Grayton Gym with wonderful news - he said there is a big sign that says the Thai restaurant is returning to the space where they were before - can anyone elaborate? He said the sign reads - Coming Soon.

If this is true, I will do my part and eat there no less than twice a week so they can stay in the area.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well, that's great news for the Thai lovers! How's the porch, sparklegrover???

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Ooooooooooooooooh, this is worth investigating! We love Thai food. :love: We'll all have to keep an eye on this one.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mermaid said:
Ooooooooooooooooh, this is worth investigating! We love Thai food. :love: We'll all have to keep an eye on this one.

I'm seeing takeout in our future.:D

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I'm hoping this is the same Thai place as before - it was yummy!!!

And the porch is "warm" sueshore - the humidity is up - makes me "schweat" - know what I mean?

Mr seagrover is really sweet and planting flowers for me outside now. I kinda over bought but I did get 18 out of 130 planted - that's not too bad is it?!?!?!?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
seagrover said:
I'm hoping this is the same Thai palce as before - it was yummy!!!

And the porch is "warm" sueshore - the humidity is up - makes me "schweat" - know what I mean?

Mr seagrover is really sweet and planting flowers for me outside now. I kinda over bought but I did get 18 out of 130 planted - that's not too bad is it?!?!?!?
I would guess it is the same people since they never removed anything from the small store. Your hubby is correct, the sign reads, "Coming Soon." I asked Paul, who owns Grayton Fitness, located next door, about it and he said, they simply came over, hung a sign and left. All of the old stuff still remains in the window, but no new info on the coming soon part.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Smiling JOe said:
I would guess it is the same people since they never removed anything from the small store. Your hubby is correct, the sign reads, "Coming Soon." I asked Paul, who owns Grayton Fitness, located next door, about it and he said, they simply came over, hung a sign and left. All of the old stuff still remains in the window, but no new info on the coming soon part.

best news I've heard this year!!!! :clap_1:

Seagrovedude

Beach Lover
May 30, 2006
THE RUMOR IS TRUE! I saw a menu on the shelf in Movies by the Sea yesterday. They said it is new owners...a guy and his mom came in with the menus and said that they will be family recipes and will even offer delivery. Opening time is uncertain...I think sometime in June.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome: Dude

That is good news. I have tried to contact the old owners a couple of times but no luck. I guess they found someone to take it over like they'd hoped. Delivery is a tough game unless you have reliable drivers (not to mention cooks and counter help).

The current owners did not want to sell to someone that would do Thai food because of the competition it might create for the Sandestin location. Maybe they relented? What was on the menu you saw? Can you post?

If not, let me know and I will drop by the excellent "Movies By The Sea" at WaterColor Crossing and pick one up tomorrow. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The story I heard this morning is that the owners of the Royal Orchid are still the owners. They have someone else who will be "managing" the small store in Msytic Porte.