• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Wow, we went to D&K's for lunch and it was great.
The sandwiches were fantastic. Everybody was pleased with their choice.
The decor was of the restaurant was as if we were in New Orleans for the afternoon. A change from your typical beach joint.
The french fries were the best I've had in ages.

Two thumbs up Doug and Kathy!

Keep up the great work.............:love:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Wow, we went to D&K's for lunch and it was great.
The sandwiches were fantastic. Everybody was pleased with their choice.
The decor was of the restaurant was as if we were in New Orleans for the afternoon. A change from your typical beach joint.
The french fries were the best I've had in ages.

Two thumbs up Doug and Kathy!

Keep up the great work.............:love:

:welcome: :bow: :bow: Well, thank you joho....YOU just made my day!:love: :wave: Kat

P.S. Doug puts his seasoning mix on :drool: dem fries!!!!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
We took my BIL there last week for lunch and the grouper sandwich was a good as I remember it! Awesome. My BIL was very impressed as well. Can't wait to go there for dinner. The decor will be even better in the night lighting.

suebee

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
Had dinner earlier this month for my mother's 79th birthday, with a multigenerational celebration. In the past, her favorite restaurant for birthday meal was the now defunct Henderson Park Inn B&B in Destin. We've tried many other places since Henderson Park closed, but nothing compared. After the birthday dinner this year, she gaves a two thumbs up for D&K. :)

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
My kids and I went there twice last week - starting with Thursday night for dinner, which was phenomenal. I had appetizers and wine instead of a dinner - server very nicely brought me a salad anyway. I've never liked 1000 Island dressing but Doug's 2000 Island dressing was great! Thought my son was going to have a meltdown when I realized there was no hamburger on the kids dinner menu, but the kitchen very graciously offered to make one for him and saved the day. Kids thoroughly enjoyed their food and I just about died and went to heaven after trying the bacon wrapped crab stuffed shrimp with tasso cheese grits. Had to come back Friday and get another order to go along with some seafood dip and garlic bread - savored them back at the condo while I packed for our trip back home. Kathy, we asked about you both nights and were very disappointed that we didn't get to meet you. Hope you are feeling better soon and that we can rectify that next year! Just want to say we loved D & K! Your staff is exceptional and the decor was just beautiful - and, of course, the food was absolutely incredible.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Suebee give your MOM two thumbs up. SHE deserves it! I love to see the family birthday parties for those in their 70's and up. There is such a gentleness to their approach about life. And the smile they have for the ones around them is a blessing!:clap: :love:

BB....you rock our world!

SGB.....You HAVE to see it at night. I love the night time! Watching the people in the streets, sometimes fireworks on the beach, and the lighting sets just the right mood.:blush:

Last, but not least, Lindatat.....I do so wish I could have met you and your kids (love the beach picture):love: I can't believe it will be a year before ya'll are back. I'm so bad! I forget that we all don't live just right down 30A from each other.

Thank you for your kind words about the servers....they work so hard to please. And, so glad your son got his hamburger.:cool: I never liked 1000 Island either.:sick: But Doug is so good at taking something and adding a little of this and that and making it 2000 times better.;-)

Thank YOU Lindatat....and hope you have a grayt trip home with lots of pictures!

:love: :wave: Kat