scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
And smilies on the main reply. My smilie usage has dropped considerably now that I have to go "advanced" and then open up another window to add them.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Smilies? SMILIES?

Ohhhhhh...I thought those were "similes" as in...

"Giving Miss Kitty, DD, and Scooter the "thanks" button back on Sowal would be like giving a can of gas and a match to a pyromaniac"

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
All those things, the rep, the thanks, the stats make the site more interesting and colorful. They give the poster more of an identity, especially if they switch avatars. They're still recognizable and it's not just a name.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They helped give you more of a sense of the poster and helped you evaluate their recommendations, but it also was a little too high school popularity contest at times IMO.

I think listing the number of images is unnecessary, but post numbers, location, and join date is good.

Miss the thanks button as nice as a way to say thank you for useful information, but I think it got used as a "I agree with you" button more often.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
The thanks button was whatever you wanted it to be. That's what I liked about it. I also liked being bombarded with information. Variety is the spice of life.