• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I just got this email from a friend:

I am thinking of suggesting that my family spend the first thanksgiving without my dad at the beach. Before I email everyone I wanted to see what the prices would be and if you had any rec's. We would be 10-12 people so we could easily get a big house right on the beach. Do you guys have any suggestions? It would be nice to be able to walk or bike to shops (and not have to drive our cars) and I would really like to be on the beach.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We went away for the first Thanksgiving after my dad died (Williamsburg). It's a great idea to do something completely different, especially if you had a long standing holiday tradition. I'm sure other SoWallers will have great house suggestions.

ricklys

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2008
Rosemary Beach
Try Rosemary Beach - There are good prices available in the fall - they also have a lot of family oriented activities on the Thanksgiving weekend. VRBO also has a lot of RB rentals. Cottages for Kids will be happening - a fund raiser for the Children's Volunteer Health Network where families can tour custom playhouses. The Christmas holidays kick off then as well with a tree lighting ceremony, breakfast with Santa, holiday market, etc. It's a great time of the year to be here!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Check out Pearly White Properties. They have several great homes in Seagrove Beach that will accomdate large families. November is a beautiful time to spend at the beach. I hope you all have a special Thanksgiving.

I agree Franny, Pearly White has some beautiful homes that would be perfect. Great folks too! :love: