• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jill Tanner

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2007
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.org
For those of you who remember Sea Bar (on 331 - south of the bridge), you probably remember the stunning views and the mood that scene set. The Bay is a new restaurant opening in that location in early March and we are stoked! Owner and Chef Jim Shirley is also the owner of South Walton favorites, Great Southern Cafe and The Melt Down on 30A. The Bay, located right on the Choctawhatchee Bay, will feature a 55-foot food bar, part of which will be a sushi bar. The restaurant will seat 200 people to start and more eventually as they add seating to the "secret garden" out back.

Currently, The Bay is undergoing some remodeling with plans to open in early March, just in time for Spring Break!

What really got me pumped up was that I can paddle board right up to beach, have a drink, a bite to eat and maybe take in a game on one of the flat screens. A 12-draft beer system will be in place inside and out. The Bay plans to "take the mixology to another level," says Mario McNally, General Manager. This will definitely be the place to go for a fresh Mojito!

Eventually, The Bay plans to have live music in the afternoon outside on the deck. You can sit on the deck or right on the beach, catch some rays, and relax while you tap your feet to the tunes. This place is going to be the new hot spot in South Walton! I know I can't wait to paddle to my new favorite venue!

Stay tuned here for more info and photos. We will keep you updated on the progress as The Bay nears opening day.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I'm going to run out of money before I run out of new places to try out. I can remember when almost all we had was Goatfeather's and Salty Dog. By the way, if you haven't tried the early bird specials at Goatfeather's, you are definitely missing it! I've been twice and both meals were wonderful! I'm looking foward to trying The Bay as soon as it opens. I'll find the necessary funds somewhere.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Always wondered why eateries/bars never reopened on the bay (nicks is to far to drive). This is exciting news.set some tables aside for all the summer blue crab lovers.