• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

For The Health Of It

Beach Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
Several months ago, the food network did a competition between Chicago deep dish and New York Thin slice pizza. The show featured firefighters from both cities comparing pizza. New york won in a close race.

I just spent the past week in Chicago and sampled what many people call the best pizza in the city. I was not impressed. In fact last night, my first night back, I went to eat at the best pizza place of them all, Amore.

The carmalized onion-roasted garlic thin slice right here has Chi-town beat hands down.

Thanks Amore:clap_1: :clap_1:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Several months ago, the food network did a competition between Chicago deep dish and New York Thin slice pizza. The show featured firefighters from both cities comparing pizza. New york won in a close race.

I just spent the past week in Chicago and sampled what many people call the best pizza in the city. I was not impressed. In fact last night, my first night back, I went to eat at the best pizza place of them all, Amore.

The carmalized onion-roasted garlic thin slice right here has Chi-town beat hands down.

Thanks Amore:clap_1: :clap_1:
Just curious, which pizza did you have, where? There are so many variations that are in constant competition & comparison. Some are NOT as good as touted to be, imo.

My husband had pizza in Sedona last year (thin crust, etc.) and says it was the best he's ever had!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I love Amore'! To me it's as close to the pizza you get in Italy as you can get without the local Italian water, ingredients, and old wood-fired ovens.

Some differ - a couple I know here that lived in NYC says you can't get real pizza in SoWal - that it's all "frou-frou designer pizza". :lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I actually like NY style pizza when done right, but it is difficult to find it done right around here. Chicago style pizza is the pits. They should stick to cold weather which is what they do best.

Amore pizza is most definitely the best around here within at least a 60 mile radius. In my opinion, it is second only to Marco's Pizza in Asheville NC, the gold standard by which I measure all pizzas. Amore's pizza crust is actually better (crispier) than Marco's, but Marco's, yummy! My problem is it is an 18 hour round trip to get Marco's and only 20 minutes round trip to get Amore's pizza. :love: ... but I'm not certain that it is really a problem for me.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ya'll are making me hungry! and amore's isn't open yet!!!
and they have always been closed on Tuesdays, but I think I saw an add recently that they will be open for lunch on Tuesdays... :dunno: Where is our precious Olive?