• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Camp Creek Kid said:
And if you are a good neighbor, Paula will bring you delicious chocolates from Michigan. Kurt--she has some for you too!

Thanks Paula! :love:

You're most welcome, Camp Creek Kid. I hope you got to taste a few before your little ones ate them all...

The nice thing about these communities along 30A is that people look out for each other. It was wonderful that several people in our community of the Cottages at Camp Creek contacted me in Michigan before/during/after Dennis in one way or another to give me information -- how to get the cottages boarded up, letting me know all was well when Dennis was over, letting me know the pool was up and running so we could tell our upcoming renters this, and just generally being good neighbors. It clearly takes a village to create a special beach community...

And it seems that each time I come here from Michigan, I bring more and more hand-made Michigan chocolates because there are more and more people to share them with!

I may switch to bringing Zingerman's famous coffee cakes from Ann Arbor in the future (they're harder to pack, though...).

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
wetwilly said:
Very cute community and cottages. Sounds great. Anyone know if any are for resale or the prices? Paula or someone that is a realtor out there want to send me any listings?

TIA. :cool:

Thanks. One of the large, 3-story homes is for sale now for about $950. I don't know how much the 2 or 3 bedroom one story cottages would go for now. There hasn't been one for sale since October and I don't know what that went for. I think there are some realtors on this site (though I don't know who they are) who may be able to answer your questions.

I'd say about half (give or take) of the cottages here rent out to guests and the rest are owned by people who use the cottages just for themselves and their families and friends. When Alys Beach is up and running, we'll be about 1/4 - 1/3 mile away from what we expect to be some nice restaurants, shopping, ice cream shops, and coffee shops -- we're probably a few years away from that, but time passes very quickly (I can't believe we've had our place here almost 2 1/2 years already!). Right now, we get our ice cream at the Villages of South Walton near Seacrest Beach and Rosemary Beach (just found their Carvel Ice-Cream shop). Not as crowded at all as Seaside, yet just as nice. We went two days ago, yesterday, and we'll go today as well.