• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I heard that the pound has jumped over the two dollar mark. :shock: I wonder if we will see more Brits buying in the area any time soon?

The good news is that compared to London, real estate prices here seem reasonable and affordable. The bad news is that you don't necessarily have all that much of a holiday budget left after making payments on your London flat.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
The bad news is that you don't necessarily have all that much of a holiday budget left after making payments on your London flat.

Right you are BMouse...the reason the dollar tanked in relation to the British pound is the result of Britain's unexpected 10-year-high inflation spike (3.1%) in March. This gives rise to the possibility that they'll raise interest rates (currently set at 5.25%--same as the US) to cool down the economy, thus making the UK a better choice to put one's money for a higher return.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Sorry not to have responded earlier but I just got back today to AZ from NY. I have been trying to sell my house up there for 6 months. The market has really sucked. This week I slashed the price by $200k to $1295. If you go onto the nytimes.com website and click on real estate you will be taken to a site where the listings are. Plug into the zip code window 12550 ( NEWBURGH, NY )and my house is about the 5th one down. Even if I sell the house at the offering price, I will lose money after inflation. AND I BUILT IT IN 1995 !!! FFF has had poor experience in the stock market because more than likely he "invested" in the high flying touted crap. FFF, you give me pointers in RE investing and I will do the same for you in stocks. My track record in residential real estate has obviously not been stellar !! I hope my reverse Midas touch doesn"t rub off onto Watersound Beach, FFF. The big difference is I don't invest in RE, I live in it and enjoy it. I invest in stocks and bonds but only the best of the best. Oh and btw, I also invest in designer straw hats not the honky tonky type Shelly displayed !!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Oh and btw, I also invest in designer straw hats not the honky tonky type Shelly displayed !!

Whatda mean "honky tonk?" Look here pilgrim...if you're going to be moving into my part of town, you've gotta get with the program.

BTW, nice NY crib...who plays the piano?

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al
Goofer love the crib! You do not need to lower your price but raise it 500K, put a for sale sign in the front yard, and get help with proper balloon placement. Here is someone who can help. :rotfl: