• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jun 15, 2017
Freeport
A records request for files that have gone missing, how does this happen?
Paige Boone

BP
. Press the Enter key to open the contact card." style="unicode-bidi: embed; direction: ltr; user-select: text; cursor: pointer;">Becky Podraza <cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov>
Thu 6/1/2017 2:45 PM

To:
Concerned Person (personconcerned@hotmail.com);
Records Request-Paige Boone 20170530.pdf3 MB

Evernote

I have attached the documentation the City has for Ms. Boone. I have had multiple staff members and the Mayor looking for information for you. We will be conducting an employee file audit over the next several months so if any further information or documentation is found, I will forward it to you.

Thank you so much.

Rebecca Podraza, City Clerk
City of Freeport
PO Box 339
112 Highway 20 West
Freeport, FL 32439
(850) 835-1978 Phone
(850) 835-3137 Fax

cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov

Florida has a very broad public records law. Under Florida law, both the content of emails and email addresses are public records. If you do not want the content of your email or your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send.

From: Concerned Person [mailto:personconcerned@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:33 PM
To: Becky Podraza <cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov>
Subject:

Ms. Podraza,
This is a records request pertaining to one Paige Boone. In the minutes of a city council meeting around September of 2015. At a regular council meeting the city attorney advised council that councilwoman Brannon had violated Florida statute chapter 112 when she knowingly allowed her daughter to be employed by the city.

Please provide the following information.

1) the advertisement of the original position Ms Boone was hired into.
2) Ms. Boone"s application for the position in which she was hired.
3) all interview documentation related to her hire.
4) documentation of the transfer from the original position to parks and recreation.
5) the advertisement for the parks and recreation position.
6) Ms Boone's starting and ending pay in both departments.
7) provide all correspondence documentation to include emails concerning Ms Boone from the previous clerk, city attorney, any of Ms Boone's family, and the department supervisors of the areas she worked.
8) documentation of the terms in which Ms boone was terminated.

Please attach copies of the personnel manual pages at that time regarding the Florida statute and or nepotism.

Please send all correspondence to this email.
Thank you

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
A records request for files that have gone missing, how does this happen?
Paige Boone

BP
. Press the Enter key to open the contact card." style="unicode-bidi: embed; direction: ltr; user-select: text; cursor: pointer;">Becky Podraza <cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov>
Thu 6/1/2017 2:45 PM

To:
Concerned Person (personconcerned@hotmail.com);
Records Request-Paige Boone 20170530.pdf3 MB

Evernote

I have attached the documentation the City has for Ms. Boone. I have had multiple staff members and the Mayor looking for information for you. We will be conducting an employee file audit over the next several months so if any further information or documentation is found, I will forward it to you.

Thank you so much.

Rebecca Podraza, City Clerk
City of Freeport
PO Box 339
112 Highway 20 West
Freeport, FL 32439
(850) 835-1978 Phone
(850) 835-3137 Fax

cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov

Florida has a very broad public records law. Under Florida law, both the content of emails and email addresses are public records. If you do not want the content of your email or your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send.

From: Concerned Person [mailto:personconcerned@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:33 PM
To: Becky Podraza <cityclerk@freeportflorida.gov>
Subject:

Ms. Podraza,
This is a records request pertaining to one Paige Boone. In the minutes of a city council meeting around September of 2015. At a regular council meeting the city attorney advised council that councilwoman Brannon had violated Florida statute chapter 112 when she knowingly allowed her daughter to be employed by the city.

Please provide the following information.

1) the advertisement of the original position Ms Boone was hired into.
2) Ms. Boone"s application for the position in which she was hired.
3) all interview documentation related to her hire.
4) documentation of the transfer from the original position to parks and recreation.
5) the advertisement for the parks and recreation position.
6) Ms Boone's starting and ending pay in both departments.
7) provide all correspondence documentation to include emails concerning Ms Boone from the previous clerk, city attorney, any of Ms Boone's family, and the department supervisors of the areas she worked.
8) documentation of the terms in which Ms boone was terminated.

Please attach copies of the personnel manual pages at that time regarding the Florida statute and or nepotism.

Please send all correspondence to this email.
Thank you
Can you explain what section of FS 112 was supposedly violated? Are you saying because the person had a family member on the council they were not allowed to be employed there? I think this question here may be the one I would most like an answer to, did the council member have direct supervision over this person and did her vote influence what the employee was paid? Also, was there an ethic complaint filed or is there some similar question in the files of the ethic commission that might address this particular question? Do they charge for record request in Freeport?

Jun 15, 2017
Freeport
Can you explain what section of FS 112 was supposedly violated? Are you saying because the person had a family member on the council they were not allowed to be employed there? I think this question here may be the one I would most like an answer to, did the council member have direct supervision over this person and did her vote influence what the employee was paid? Also, was there an ethic complaint filed or is there some similar question in the files of the ethic commission that might address this particular question? Do they charge for record request in Freeport?

Jun 15, 2017
Freeport
The City attorney in a council meeting stated the violation of the statute being that a direct family member was knowingly working, along with the Mayor granddaughter, both were terminated. The bigger question is how did Ms Brannon get her daughter hired with no application, interview or job availability.

Jun 15, 2017
Freeport
Wasn't that during the timeframe when Council member McLean was writing and signing checks for the Freeport City Council since there was no bookkeeper?
This took place in 2015, terminated that same fiscal year. And what does check signing have to do with Fl state violation? Ms McLean was adhering to her council duty which was confirmed by the States Attorney Office as well as the Freeport attorney! Nice try but know your facts!