• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The Frogs had their first visit to the Grand yesterday afternoon to catch the matinee for Ocean's 13, which was dependably entertaining like the first two.

While Pier Park is still a work in progress, the theater is pretty much finished other than some cosmetic touches on the exterior. For amenities, it's fairly close to Rave, lacking only the credit card ticket purchase kiosks which are a real advantage when the ticket line gets long.

It's great not to fight the Destin traffic and the crowds and parking hassles that you have at Destin Commons. Of course, if you want a little shopping with your movie, Rave is still your place.

A small note - when the Grand says a movie starts at 3:45, that's the movie itself. Don't ask how I found this out. At Rave, that's when the 20 minutes of previews start.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Awesome! I am finished with the Rave- yay!!!!! I have always thought the Rave showed more previews than any theater I have ever been to...we would be finished with our popcorn before the movie started!

Need to go see Shrek 3!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
and I hear the ticket prices are less expensive at the Pier Park Theatre. The Rave at Destin Commons bumped matinee prices up to $7.

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
Matinee price at The Grand is $5.50, and there are some ticket purchase kiosks located inside. In addition to the concession stand, there is a cafe, and there is a large dining area located in each wing of the theater.

danhall

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2006
danhallstudio.com
Where is this place you are speaking of????

The Grand? Pier Park?

is there a movie theater closer to 30A that I am unaware of??

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
The grand/pier park is about 1 mile east of hwy 79, Panera Bread is now open also,.,,,

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
The Grand is a breath of fresh air. I really enjoyed it. The theater screens seem larger than the Commons and it is definately a more relaxing trip over.

Rice2715

Beach Comber