1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

The Village of South Walton

Discussion in 'Rentals - Vacation' started by Beach Crazy, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy cracker

Good Morning SoWal, how is everyone today? I'm dreaming already this morning and was wondering who can tell me about The Village. Is the pool as fabulous as the pictures make it look? Do you have to cross the highway to get to the beach? I've got to make my mind up for my vacation if I want good reservations...Heeeelllpppp!!!!!!! :confused:

2. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

The Village of So. Walton is on the north side of Hwy 30-A, west of Seacrest, and the Gulf is on the south side. That end of 30-A is nice and enjoyed by many peeps (people). Rosemary Beach is a short stroll away, with shopping, and dining, and the beach is not too far away. I am uncertain were people in the Village access the beach, but I bet someone else will chime in here shortly.

3. beach dawg

beach dawg Beach Comber

My family stayed there 2 weeks ago and loved it. The official beach access is the one Seacrest beach north uses. We used the Rosemary Beach access though- it seemed closer. The "highway" to cross is 30-a (2 lane) where we found most cars would stop for you. When we headed toward the Rosemary access there are stop signs so it is very easy to cross. Probably just a 4 minute walk to the beach.
    Yes- the pool is as good- if not better than the pictures. Our kids loved it!
    SJ is right, there are good restaurants (one in the building) and shops nearby.
    The funnest thing we did was rent bikes and rode everywhere. I would ride down to the beach walkovers with my little boys each morning and look for dolphins.
    Have fun!!!

4. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

:welcome: Beach Dawg

5. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Yes, the pool is awesome. We have a house on the other side of the Seacrest Beach development and the pool is a huge drawing point. It is not heated, though, so keep that in mind depending on the time of year.

Access to the beach is through the Sunset Beach development across the street from the main Seacrest development entrance. It's an easy walk, and over at the Villages you are indeed very close to Rosemary. Curious -- which unit and what are the rates? I'm not asking randomly, but I'd like to know if you don't mind.

6. beach dawg

beach dawg Beach Comber

Thanks Rita!

We stayed in unit #230. This was a large studio with a refridge and microwave, queen bed, and a murphy bed. The unit was very nice and clean.
    The rates were around $90/night for the studio and $150 for a 3 bedroom.
    You also had to add a $50 cleaning fee and a $30 booking fee. The 3 bedroom had a $140 cleaning fee.

7. sweet

sweet Beach Lover

Unit 327 is available for rent
    3/2 Sleeps 8
    $150 a night
    Great location with the pool and the beach between the condo
    E-mail me if you are interested in renting
    Vrbo #58515