• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
didnt YOU read what his own men said?

Didn't you read Mike Adkinson Jr's post? He said, "THERE WAS NO PURSUIT"! Some people have a hard time reading evidently and, no, I am not an Adkinson supporter.

Way after the day of the crash Mike says there was no pursuit. However, during an interview the day OF the crash the Police said they WERE in pursuit. Maybe its mike that has trouble reading.
You would think that an Investigator and a Sergeant would know what a pusruit is and when they are in one. Actually, I believe the officers at the scene. NOT the one trying to spin it.
Please allow me to repeat myself once again. These cars are just things that can be replaced. Im very happy they all survived and will be able to continue to serve not just for us but for the families as well.

By the way, its been said that all officers have been w a r n e d not to speak to the media when when the pd is involved in any future crashes.

Way after the day of the crash Mike says there was no pursuit. However, during an interview the day OF the crash the Police said they WERE in pursuit. Maybe its mike that has trouble reading.
You would think that an Investigator and a Sergeant would know what a pusruit is and when they are in one. Actually, I believe the officers at the scene. NOT the one trying to spin it.
Please allow me to repeat myself once again. These cars are just things that can be replaced. Im very happy they all survived and will be able to continue to serve not just for us but for the families as well.

By the way, its been said that all officers have been w a r n e d not to speak to the media when when the pd is involved in any future crashes.

Do you have this from a good source? If this is true, it is chilling to say the least that a public servant is told NOT to speak to the press. :angry: Even Johnson, while he does not speak to the press himself, does not restrict officers telling the press what happened at an incident. :yikes: I would love to know what the other candidates press policy would be.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

If what you have quoted is true, it can mean only one of two things, either of which is possible. With all due respect to aleonard, either the press is misinformed, misquoted the officers or is lying, anyone of which, regarding our present media, is possible. The other possibility is that Mike Adkinson Jr. is flat lying or the officers are doing the same. I don't find that plausible as far as Marshall Adkinson is concerned. Once again, I am not a Mike Adkinson supporter or voter but after reading this thread I am definitely getting closer. Also, it is probably good policy for officers to be aware of what they say to the press in regard to both crashes and controversial situations.

If what you have quoted is true, it can mean only one of two things, either of which is possible. With all due respect to aleonard, either the press is misinformed, misquoted the officers or is lying, anyone of which, regarding our present media, is possible. The other possibility is that Mike Adkinson Jr. is flat lying or the officers are doing the same. I don't find that plausible as far as Marshall Adkinson is concerned. Once again, I am not a Mike Adkinson supporter or voter but after reading this thread I am definitely getting closer. Also, it is probably good policy for officers to be aware of what they say to the press in regard to both crashes and controversial situations.

Two thoughts for you that I came up with pretty quick, the second is a direct paste from a SoWal post:

1. I will not run for Sheriff in 2008...Mike Adkinson

2. All of my campaign signs were to have been placed on private property. This is an error on my part if they are found in the right of way. I wil personaly drive to Freeport to asses thier placement. ..... Mike Adkinson 5/11/2008

Getting more "plausible" for you Andy?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Before you get me for the spelling in the second quote, I PASTED IT from a post, it is the authors, not mine.:rofl:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider

We only ran a press release generated by the DFSPD, to my knowledge, Andy A.. The other article ran in the Daily News and I believe it is posted in this thread. Since the release I received has been printed by the Herald/Beach Breeze, I will post it here.:wave:

"On Thursday, July 10, 2008, officers of this agency were involved in a 2 car collision on US Hwy 331 South at the intersection of the I-10 east bound on-ramp . The unmarked police vehicle, a 2008 Chevrolet Impala, was driven by Investigator Brian Schultz, with passengers Sergeant Joseph Ward and Police Intern Laura Gainey. The officers were southbound on US Hwy 331 South when they received a request from a State Law Enforcement Officer to assist with the take down of a vehicle that was eastbound on Interstate 10 at approximately the 89 Mile Marker. The vehicle, and its driver, were reported to be the subject of an ongoing undercover operation. As the officers made the turn onto the on-ramp they failed to see a truck traveling north on US Hwy 331. That vehicle, a blue Dodge pickup driven by Elliot W. Harrah of Fort Walton Beach, struck the unmarked police vehicle in the right passenger side. The wreck was of sufficient force that Sgt Ward and Intern Gainey were left pinned in the vehicle and had to be extracted by the jaws of life. All four persons were then transported to HealthMark Regional Medical Center and at the time of this release all have been released with minor bruises and cuts except for Intern Laura Gainey. She suffered a fracture of the right shoulder and was transported to Pensacola for further evaluation and treatment. Both vehicles were removed from the scene by wrecker service and the damage to both vehicles was considered to be major. Traffic was temporarily halted in the northbound lane which was cleared and returned to normal as soon as possible. The State Officer who initiated the request departed from his suspect to assist the officers involved in the crash and the suspect was able to elude further police activity. The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the accident and will be the responsible law enforcement agency for finding fault and completing all required reports."

Lt. Gregory K. Gandy
Commander, Patrol Division

A couple of more:

1. I am not a crook......Richard Nixon
2. I did not have sexual relations with that woman......Bill Clinton

See, one from each party. Moral of the story, politicians will tell what is neccessary to get them out of trouble....they're politicians, they can't help it, it's what they do. Most all of them.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
whut th'??????????

There seems to have been a quotation misplaced somwhere. The particular quote starting with "if what you have quoted is true" is not mine. I think it was passed on by mistake by Andy A.
I know it wasnt deliberate but Im not that as eloquent in my writing as A Leonard. Too bad for me too.
However, to reply as to my source and to avoid a breach of confidentiality I can only say my source is valid. The officer I spoke with was not supplying me with any secrets. It was said they were reminded and warned not to be reminded again.
Most departments have a policy that NO officer or deputy make any statements to the media. Its a good policy and should be followed.
They, the media, should be directed to a senior officer on scene or the PIO.
That was not practiced in this case.
Were the officers lying? I think not. No reason to.
Is it policy? Probably is now. Was it then? I dont know. Should it have been? Yes without a doubt.
If it was then why was it not followed? I dont know.
As for the start of this , look at the very first thread. The article was from the Daily News, July 10.
Facts there were generated from the police.
Then theres a "press release" from the pd released by Lt. Greg Gandy, commander of patrol division.
Who do I trust? The cop on the scene.

Last edited:
There seems to have been a quotation misplaced somwhere. The particular quote starting with "if what you have quoted is true" is not mine. I think it was passed on by mistake by Andy A.
I know it wasnt deliberate but Im not that as eloquent in my writing as A Leonard. Too bad for me too.
However, to reply as to my source and to avoid a breach of confidentiality I can only say my source is valid. The officer I spoke with was not supplying me with any secrets. It was said they were reminded and warned not to be reminded again.
Most departments have a policy that NO officer or deputy make any statements to the media. Its a good policy and should be followed.
They, the media, should be directed to a senior officer on scene or the PIO.
That was not practiced in this case.
Were the officers lying? I think not. No reason to.
Is it policy? Probably is now. Was it then? I dont know. Should it have been? Yes without a doubt.
If it was then why was it not followed? I dont know.
As for the start of this , look at the very first thread. The article was from the Daily News, July 10.
Facts there were generated from the police.
Then theres a "press release" from the pd released by Lt. Greg Gandy, commander of patrol division.
Who do I trust? The cop on the scene.

Thank you for responding, this information (that apparently came from a DFS policeman) helps me towards making my voting decision. :clap:I don't see the harm in a policeman telling the press the basic details of an incident as long as it does not harm an investigation. I DO see the harm in stiffling information so that the only way we get it is to get it from "official" sources.:bang: