• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes

2 pints cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup mayo
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped fine
16 oz. bacon, fried and finely crumbled

Combine all ingredients and chill in the fridge while you cut just the very tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Turn upside down on paper towel to drain. Stuff each tomato with mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours. YUM!

I have also made a meal of these!
With all you tomato growers out there, this is a good way to use up some of your crop!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
destindreamin said:

2 pints cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup mayo

Combine all ingredients and chill in the fridge while you cut just the very tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Turn upside down on paper towel to drain. Stuff each tomato with mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours. YUM!

With all you tomato growers out there, this is a good way to use up some of your crop!

slurp
slobber
lick my chops
yum
thank you

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
dd, I think I will have to convince jdarg to make a whole batch of those yummy tomatoes for the June vacation at Grayton Beach. :clap_1: They sound like a real crowd pleaser...hint hint hint

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Mermaid said:
dd, I think I will have to convince jdarg to make a whole batch of those yummy tomatoes for the June vacation at Grayton Beach. :clap_1: They sound like a real crowd pleaser...hint hint hint

They are soooooo yummy! But make lots--they go fast! Maybe SJ will donate some tomatoes :dunno:

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA

2 pints cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup mayo

DD- Thanks for posting. I made these yesterday for an Appetizer Showdown Party & they were delicious. Won First Prize for Most Original Appetizer!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
And I just brought up a whole basket of little cherry tomatoes and some very small regular tomatoes- perfect for this recipe!

They're yummy. Unfortunately, after my week long binge, I will not be enjoying these tasty little morsels nor any others for a long time:sosad: Ooops! That's another thread!:D