• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach dawg

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2005
Marietta, GA
I see that the Thunderbirds are having an airshow this weekend at Eglin. Any thoughts on a good location to watch without going on the base? Is it too far to see from the 30-A area?
Thanks!

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I saw the advertisements for this as we were leaving town. I bet it would be so cool. Have funn and report back!

We enjoyed identifying all the flying aircraft ( or trying to) on the beach.

What was the big plane that kept flying by with 2 huge propellars in the front? Was it a seaplane?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I see that the Thunderbirds are having an airshow this weekend at Eglin. Any thoughts on a good location to watch without going on the base? Is it too far to see from the 30-A area?
Thanks!
Way too far to see from SoWal. You might see some of the jets running up the beach from 30A, but you won't see any of the show.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Why don't you go to Eglin and watch them up close? :dunno: It's definitely worth it!!! :love:

I agree, I love going to see them whenever they are in my area!!! I have seen them many times, and they still never cease to amaze me!!!!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
And now they have a female flyer....:clap_1:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
You could try Lions' Park on Boggy Bayou in Niceville, or the Valparaiso Girls' softball complex. You see a lot of the north/south runway traffic from there, and would probably get something of the airshow.

Panhandler

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2006
In the panhandle, man...
And now they have a female flyer....:clap_1:

I just noticed this thread, but I went to the show and altough I wasn't close enough to see who got in the cockpits, the announcer mentioned at least three female pilots...there may have been as many as four...of course I joked with my wife about it but you have to respect that! :clap_1:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Great to hear. I only knew about the one!

Long ago I did some PR work with the Thunderbirds...all guys then...and they were really great guys--I am glad that some women are getting the same wonderful experiences.