• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
MamaBear,
Eddie Hendry is running against Boyd.

home-150x150.jpg

(Eddie Hendry for Congress 2010 | Republican for Congress | Florida Congressional District 2)
WELCOME

I am Eddie Hendry, and I was born in Taylor County in 1959 and have lived the majority of my life in North Florida. My family has lived and worked in North Florida for several generations. I am a graduate of The Citadel, was a commissioned officer (Captain) in the United States Army, and currently work as a diabetes specialty sales representative for Sanofi-Aventis pharmaceuticals. I have been married to my wife Angela for 20 years and we have two children, Courtney (19) and Grant (15).
After several years of watching our federal government waste taxpayer dollars, serve special interests instead of the American citizen, and abuse the Constitution, I've decided to seek election to the U. S. House of Representatives Florida District 2. I'm very concerned, as I'm sure you are, about the future of this country. The impact of the policies of the government over the next few years will shape our future generations.
There are some very real solutions to the issues we currently face. However, the politicians in Washington continue to cater to the agenda of special interests and political action committees instead of representing the citizens who elected them. As your voice in Washington I will protect your tax dollars, protect and promote moral and ethical values, serve with unconditional integrity, and adhere to the principles of our founding fathers.
I will fight for a fair and honest tax structure, protect 2nd Amendment rights, reduce spending and balance the federal budget, and keep our borders secure. This is still the greatest place to live in the world and with your help we can put this country back on the right track. We should enable everyone to have a fair chance at the American dream.

Sincerely,
_.gif

Eddie Hendry

MommaMia

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2009
State Senate Leader Al Lawson(D) has also declared

Yes, candidates have declared from both parties. But, I would love to see more new AND younger faces.

"State Senate Minority Leader Al Lawson (D) confirmed to Florida newspapers in February that he intends to challenge Rep. Allen Boyd (D) in the 2010 Democratic primary.
Lawson ? who was elected to the state Senate in 2000 by beating Boyd?s cousin ? is being forced to retire in 2010 because of term limits. He told the Tallahassee Democrat that ?there needs to be a fresh approach? in the 2nd district and that Boyd has forgotten about his constituents back home. He specifically chided Boyd for voting for the financial industry rescue bill last year."

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I realize most evidently don't care, but I called Allen Boyd's Panama City office again. I got the same result and message. He and his staff do rather a poor job communicating with constituents, IMO. What else is new?

I care - nice to know they ignore vets the same as Scooterbugs! :wave:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I got my tickets, anybody else?
First of all, I am glad you got your tickets. I didn't. There was no way I could go to Panama Cily today as the day was consumed by doctor's appointments and chemotheraphy for my wife's cancer. This was suppose to be an open forum for constituents of Congressman Boyd. What a joke! I, for one, am furious, regarding the method that this discourse with constituents has taken. If this is representative of the communication that will be normal between the citizenry and our elected Representatives, God, or whatever you believe in, help us. Mr Hendrey, you already have my vote. BTW, I'm still awaiting that return call.

First of all, I am glad you got your tickets. I didn't. There was no way I could go to Panama Cily today as the day was consumed by doctor's appointments and chemotheraphy for my wife's cancer. This was suppose to be an open forum for constituents of Congressman Boyd. What a joke! I, for one, am furious, regarding the method that this discourse with constituents has taken. If this is representative of the communication that will be normal between the citizenry and our elected Representatives, God, or whatever you believe in, help us. Mr Hendrey, you already have my vote. BTW, I'm still awaiting that return call.

Thats lousy Andy. I hope they contact you and you and your wife get in somehow! :sosad:

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
I got my tickets, anybody else?

I'm glad you got a ticket and please report back. I wasn't aware that tickets were needed until I just read this thread. I had called his office earlier in the month and it wan't mentioned. I'll call again tomorrow.

I hope it doesn't turn into a circus.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This isn't directed at only Andy A. so I'm not quoting him.

The reason for tickets boils down to physics! The initial panel is being held in an auditorium that has a fire code maximum occupancy of around 600. After the speakers, panel members, tech staff, and press are in that leaves about 500 seats. If this were held outside in a stadium on an August day people would be screaming to high heaven that the poor old people would sweat.

The actual town hall style meeting will be held outside after the forum in the, again, seating restricted auditorium. Since it is outside there is no limit to the number of people showing up.

The tickets are also attached to a small piece of paper reminding everyone what isn't allowed:

(Yes, some of these things had to be listed)
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Weapons or explosives
- Umbrellas
- Food or beverage
- Coolers or container, including cans, cups, and bottles
- Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12"
- Backpacks
- Artificial noisemakers (whistles, bells, air horns, etc.)
- Sticks, poles, flags, or signs
- Laser pointers
- Laptops
- Pets (except special service animals)
- Strollers
- Skateboards
- Beach balls or other airborne objects

Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of the law enforcement officials.

There are no provisions to check/store prohibited items at the door!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Well, I said that I would post once my call was returned from Congressman Boyd's office and a short time ago it was.
I spoke at length with Jill Small from Congressman Boyd's office about the ticket issue and left my question for the Congressman.
Here is the kicker. It seems Boyd's office was unaware of the fact tickets would be issued until late last week. Bobby Roberts, a Democrat Party big wig and a Republican whose name I didn't get, were the ones responsible for the idea of tickets. BTW, SWGB, she said nothing about the town hall meeting being held outside though she did say Congressman Boyd would take questions after the panel discussion. All in all, it sounds like a circus to me but that is only one man's opinion.
I should add that Jill was extremely courteous and understanding in her response to my points. It was a good discussion and I am appreciative of the attitude and kindness shown by Congressman Boyd's representative.

Last edited: