• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
(CNN) -- Golfer Tiger Woods was taken to a Florida hospital after suffering serious injuries in a car wreck early Friday, officials said.

The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m. near his home in Windermere, a suburb of Orlando, according to an incident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

Woods, 33, had just pulled out of his driveway and begun to drive down the street when his Cadillac SUV struck a fire hydrant, the Florida Highway Patrol said. The front of his vehicle then struck a tree.
Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital, though a woman who answered the phone Friday afternoon said he was not there.
http://www.wesh.com/news/21740162/detail.html
The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges. The accident did not appear to have been alcohol-related, the statement said.

I wish him a full recovery.

Last edited:

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Sure hope he has a full recovery from his injuries. Wonder where he was going at that hour of the morning?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Why does Tiger Woods have to rely on his putting?

He can't drive.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges.

Hmmm....in a one car accident, I wonder who potentially would/could face charges??? :dunno:

I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Good one Miss Kitty! :lol: Does anyone know him?

CNN says that the police arrived in two minutes. When they arrived, Woods' wife had broken out the back window with a golf club "to help him get out of the vehicle." Let's see, someone has a wreck while leaving their home in an Escalade, and his wife breaks the REAR window? Wouldn't she find a window closer to where he was seated?

Sounds like a marital argument to me. He probably had the wreck from being distracted by her swinging a golf club at the vehicle.

EDIT: What about the symbolism of using one of Tiger's beloved golf clubs to break out the window? Hubby is a casual golfer, and he says that even for him, each golf club is special to him. He would prefer that someone use something else to break out a window to "save his life" than one of his golf clubs.

Last edited:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
CNN says that the police arrived in two minutes. When they arrived, Woods' wife had broken out the back window with a golf club "to help him get out of the vehicle." Let's see, someone has a wreck while leaving their home in an Escalade, and his wife breaks the REAR window? Wouldn't she find a window closer to where he was seated?

Sounds like a marital argument to me. He probably had the wreck from being distracted by her swinging a golf club at the vehicle.

Tigress fired up about something?

This is what is sounds like to me, too BR!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area

That was the 1st thing we wondered too. Why would Tiger be going somewhere at 2:35am on Thanksgiving?? He wouldn't be going to the airport; he'd have a limo or driver for that.

It even sounds as tho he didn't have his seatbelt on either. :blink:

I'll say what everyone else is saying too, I really hope the best for him and that he heals well, etc., etc., etc...