• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lifesabeach

Beach Lover
May 16, 2006
BMB
These days we often see posts and articles about lousy tippers. Just want to so thank you to those of you tourists and locals that appreciate your servers and bartenders and tip accordingly!

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
You have to be kidding? I tip depending on my experience. Sometimes very little. A lot above 20%. Sometimes over 100% I just love excellent service and I want them to know it. I love the response I get when treated by an excellent server and they see a large tip. They deserve it.

I have become accustomed to tipping when picking up to-go orders in SoWal as it seems to be expected. Not to mention that at least one establishment automatically adds a 15% tip to all to-go orders. So I started doing that at places here in GA. It confused them so much that they'd tell me that I gave them too much money. So to avoid the confusion, I don't do that anymore here in GA.

Jill Tanner

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2007
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.org
I tip at least 20% always no matter what. The way I see it, if they are just mean or rude you just make them feel bad by tipping them and maybe they will change. Or if they are just having a bad day (everyone does) then maybe you can turn their day around:). I do appreciate excellent service too and will not only tip them a lot extra, but also let the manager know what a great job they did. This happens too little. Usually people only ask for a manager for bad situations. Show your gratitude by giving praise where praise is due!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Jill is spot on..alot of times the reason most servers arent quite on it is because the last 3 tables have stiffed them or the kitchen is training and just cant get it quite right. Please remember that you could be the that one table that sees they are really trying and make the attitude change for that server and possibly every person they come in contact with for the rest of the night. In the eyes (and pocketbook) of a server ..20% is average (in a resort area)...but anything above that means they better bring their "A" game and pay it forward. And PLEASE remember that most servers in this area make ALOT less minimum wage and only have the "100 days of summer" to make MORE than minimum wage. Imagine if you only earned your full paycheck for 3 months out of the year....

BeachRob

Beach Lover
Nov 30, 2012
Do posters here tip as a % of food and beverage or as a % of food and beverage + taxes?