• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
This is just a reminder that Athens based, southern rock band, Tishamingo, will be performing at Baytowne Wharf on Wed May 3 from 7-9pm. Bring your lawn chair and your own boose and enjoy the sounds. Tishamingo has a sound reminding me of a mix of Widespread Panic, Drivin' and Cryin', and Allman Bros, combined. It will be a great show. Hope to see you there. The show is free. :clap_1: Thanks, Baytowne, for getting some decent bands for your free Wed night shows. :D:love:

To hear some samples, go to Tishamingo's site and click on "click here for album preview and details," and you can listen to a few songs off of their album, "Wear and Tear."

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:bang: ...another missed opportunity for the stage and a new instrument! Have funn y'all!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
:clap_1: i love them. I get the mango news letter. :funn:
I have your Tishamingo koozie. :funn: Remember when you said I wouldn't be able to steal it?

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
i saw you steal it. stupid.
No you didn't. :funn:
Are you back from J-ville?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Smiling JOe said:
This is just a reminder that Athens based, southern rock band, Tishamingo, will be performing at Baytowne Wharf on Wed May 3 from 7-9pm. Bring your lawn chair and your own boose and enjoy the sounds. Tishamingo has a sound reminding me of a mix of Widespread Panic, Drivin' and Cryin', and Allman Bros, combined. It will be a great show. Hope to see you there. The show is free. :clap_1: Thanks, Baytowne, for getting some decent bands for your free Wed night shows. :D:love:

To hear some samples, go to Tishamingo's site and click on "click here for album preview and details," and you can listen to a few songs off of their album, "Wear and Tear."

Tish rocks. Saw them with Drive by Truckers a couple years ago.

Any idea who, if anyone, plays on Wed. May 17?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jessifunn said:
love the drive by truckers :clap_1:
Patterson and his ex-wife, Donna Jane use to work for me in Athens. Both of those guys are really cool people. I remember when Patterson first moved to Athens and he played this little pizza joint downtown, I think there were five us watching his show. Within about two years, he was rocking the entire town, and IMO, his best performances were his solo gigs before he got the Truckers together. Patterson with a plugged in acoustic guitar and his grungy Muscle Shoals vocals were the best. I cannot say that I like him better with his croanies. Where did the old Patterson go?