• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
just an FYI on the term "absolute" in auction terms that does not mean it has to be sold! it does mean though it will be in the auction. it' s decieving i know. dad's an auctioneer.;-)

Yes, those auction companies like to get creative with their word choices, like "ordered sold," or, "now's the time to buy. You'll double your money in the spring."

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
"now's the time to buy. You'll double your money in the spring."

It's not like this statement hasn't been uttered in the Panhandle before :roll:

In this RE market, the best way to double your money is to fold it over and stick it back in your pocket. (With all due respect to Will Rogers)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
It's not like this statement hasn't been uttered in the Panhandle before :roll:

In this RE market, the best way to double your money is to fold it over and stick it back in your pocket. (With all due respect to Will Rogers)

Usually, there is the word, IF, included in those forward looking statements, and there are usually much fewer witnesses, and no cameras running, recording the statements being made.

ER

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2007
$12.6M x 10% = Better Snacks for Next Auction ?

getimage.dll

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hey, don't they need my permission to advertise for commercial purposes, using a photograph of me?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
So what does "ordered sold" mean, anyway? I went to Roebuck's web site to see what some of the properties went for and saw that term applied to them.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
$12.6M x 10% = Better Snacks for Next Auction ?

For Sale Signs, Open Houses and Auctions are SOOOO yesterday.....

"Jeni Barton needs to sell her Gilbert four-bedroom quickly, so she busted out the iron-ons and made T-shirts for her kids that say, "Buy my house," on the front and trumpet the home's Web site, 3441evernon.com, on the back. Barton had magnets crafted for her car, complete with photos. She even rented a bounce house for the backyard and hired a baby-sitter to oversee the kids while parents perused her pad during an open house. And she made treats.:cool:

There's a job waiting in Denver, a slew of new homes competing for buyers across the street, and the Christmas crush is freaking her out. Barton's efforts are a way to calm the panic.

"I'm hoping to speed it up a little. I'm virtually exhausted from keeping (the house) perfect 24/7 and not having anyone come and look at it," says Barton, 29. "I've been trying to figure out what I can do so I didn't feel so helpless, so I felt like I was doing something."

All that and still there's nothing doing at chez Barton. She's lucky to have one person come to an open house. When people see her daughters and their T-shirts, "they just kinda laugh," Barton says. :roll:

.....http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/pop-photo.php?id=PHP4747C68E646D3

(Kinda puts the lady who dressed up as a duck and handed out flyers on the highway to shame.)

Last edited: