• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Does anyone have a status update from tonight's Walton County Commissioner's meeting regarding the tax millage rate debate?? Thanks.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
From the Daily News:

After hearing residents? concerns at the final 2005-06 budget hearing Monday night, commissioners decided to go even lower and set the new rate at 4.3099.
?I am stunned,? said Bonnie McQuiston, president of the Walton Taxpayers Association, a group that has pushed for a lower millage rate. ?I think we have the best county government in the state.?

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
We recently received two assessments for the same property. They were dated within 7 to 10 days of each other. The second one had a lower assessment. Any ideas why?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
pgurney said:
We recently received two assessments for the same property. They were dated within 7 to 10 days of each other. The second one had a lower assessment. Any ideas why?

The first one was a mistake.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
pgurney said:

The second one had a lower assessment? Are you sure?

The first set of assessments went by the property appraiser's assessed value figures for 2004. Most people got a higher (or much higher) assessement for 2005, and that was the second set mailed out.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
chrisv said:
From the Daily News:

After hearing residents? concerns at the final 2005-06 budget hearing Monday night, commissioners decided to go even lower and set the new rate at 4.3099.
?I am stunned,? said Bonnie McQuiston, president of the Walton Taxpayers Association, a group that has pushed for a lower millage rate. ?I think we have the best county government in the state.?

What impact will this have on our 2005 taxes? Also, does anyone know if the proposed budget that was to be discussed on September 6, 2005 passed.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
pgurney said:

Do you have homestead exemption on your property? The reason I ask is mine was lower as well. (Still high, but lower.)

Otherwise, I have no clue.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
If someone would be willing to post a Math example of the tax calculation that would be swell!! Say for example, if property assessment is $250,000 in the So Walton Fire District.....if you could possible walk thru the calculation that would be great....using the new rate as posted here....4.3099
I know this has previously been done but couldn't locate it....THANKS!!