• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sad.

Toomer's Oaks Update - Office of Communications and Marketing - Auburn University

Auburn University today confirmed that an herbicide commonly used to kill trees was deliberately applied in lethal amounts to the soil around the Toomer's Corner live oaks on campus, and there is little chance to save the trees. More information and ongoing updates as to treatment and prognosis are available on this site.

TideSports.com | View topic - Update: Toomer's Corner oaks poisoned; Unlikely to survive

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Unfortunately, every sports team has some major league nuts. Sports rivalries are wonderful, but not to the point of damaging property or harming people....

My thoughts and positive energy to the experts working to save a historical piece of Auburn tradition......War Damn Eagle...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
OOOH! :angry:

Dumbarse motherpucking idiot!

Poisoning trees on purpose!

Criminal mischief isn't good enough - make him pay for trying to save them and if they can't, the replacement value. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I heard this last night and have many fond memories of rolling Toomers as an undergrad and after. This is sad.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
That makes me so angry! That's worse than when people damaged the Buzz sculptures all over the Tech campus, so they all had to be removed. The huge difference is that the trees will take decades to replace. You can see the dead trees here City of Auburn | Cams - Toomer's Corner.

Sad for Auburn fans. One of our neighbors is an owner of Tiger Rags. On his website it shows a campaign sponsored by the AU Forestry School to purchase seedlings from these trees Auburn University Merchandise - Tiger Rags - Tiger Rags

EDIT: Here are photos of the beautiful, five-ft.-tall Buzz statues. http://www.flickr.com/groups/buzzaroundtown/ They were part of a fund-raising campaign called "Buzz Around Town." I am so angry that they were so vandalized that they had to be removed.

Last edited: