• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
That is precisely my point. I want to be the buyer at thst table.

If you're looking for high-rise condos, you're just about there; however, you'll still have to poke the others with a fork a little while longer before they're done.

Last edited:

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
If you're looking for high-rise condos, you're just about there; however, you'll still have to poke the others with a fork a little while longer before they're done.

I agree on the high rise condo, if one is so inclined. I am getting an abundance of glossy brochures now, prices reduced, etc. etc.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
The airport is coming. Now the Panhandle is open for business world wide. Property near the beach will be in short supply. Prices will go up and na sayers will drift away. Enough said.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
You obviously are looking forward to this but if you were a working person that grew up in the south end then you would resent this statement and the people who are pushing for it to be that way. Unfortunatly it is almost like that already. The only working people still in the south end are either roomateing, living in trailers, or have family help.

Both my sisters and I have already been pushed out of south walton{not South Walton County (for SJ)} along with many of my friends.:bang: :sosad:
Ohhwell one day we will make our millions or well by then it will need to be billions and be able to own something where we were raised.

I live in the Chicagoland area - I could not afford a home in the town I grew up in either - had to move farther out - also my son can't afford to live in the town he grew up in (we still live in) he has to move further out to get affordable homes. It happens in many other areas as well. My son commutes 80 miles a day - from his home to his job. This is not just a SoWal problem. It is a way of life for many Americans.