• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cessna Landing is a good place to launch. It is located on Hwy 393 North, approx 3 miles north of Hwy 98. You will see the park/landing on the left just before crossing the small bridge. (Hwy 393 is the road that leads to Gulf Place.

Another place to launch is at the north end of Hwy 395 (the same road that leads to Seagrove.) Watch the speed bumps.

I guess you could also lauch from the 331 Bridge on the south east side, just up the road from the Sea Bar and the 3 Thrity 1.

Smiling JOe said:
Cessna Landing is a good place to launch. It is located on Hwy 393 North, approx 3 miles north of Hwy 98. You will see the park/landing on the left just before crossing the small bridge. (Hwy 393 is the road that leads to Gulf Place.

Another place to launch is at the north end of Hwy 395 (the same road that leads to Seagrove.) Watch the speed bumps.

I guess you could also lauch from the 331 Bridge on the south east side, just up the road from the Sea Bar and the 3 Thrity 1.

Thanks SJ. Are the only marinas in Destin/Baytowne and PCB?

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
With all of the development on 30-A, you'd think some developer would build a combo housing or condo development with a marina. We built a garage at our house for a future boat or Sea-Doo, only to find out how inconvenient it is to go boating in the area.

phdphay said:
With all of the development on 30-A, you'd think some developer would build a combo housing or condo development with a marina. We built a garage at our house for a future boat or Sea-Doo, only to find out how inconvenient it is to go boating in the area.

Looks like when you hit the bay it's an all day event. Not that that is a bad thing :cool:

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
phdphay said:

Actually, this is the trend, and public marinas are disappearing at a rapid pace. All the old full-service marinas in FWB, Destin and PC are being sold to developers. Will make it hard for the average boat owner to find a slip.

While my perspective may be skewed, (I flip a switch and my boat is slowly lowered into the bayou, at which point I can pilot my craft to the Seabar or some exotic destination in the carribean:) ) I don't see boating in the area as inconvenient. Actually plenty of public launches and lots of water to explore. It's why I live here.

Riverotter- the launch just north of the Seabar, southeast side of the bridge, is deep enough for your i/o. Plenty of parking as well. The one at the park on the northwest of the bridge would work too, I usually look at wind direction and choose accordingly- like to make the process as painless as possible. Cessna gets crowded, but it's decent, just further to drive, and there are some shallows in hogtown that you have to look out for.