• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Just back to Atlanta from Seagrove and as usual it was a wonderful trip. There's something about the South Walton Beach area that soothes my soul and renews my spirit!
Even though it was a bit cool, Friday was nice enough to spend time on the beach. There were more folks out than I thought there would be for October! When we saw some getting in the water we got the nerve to go in (well, my husband did); I just got my feet wet and it was pleasantly warm! Dinner at the Red Bar which is a tradition for us as I'm sure it is for countless other out-of-towners! Saturday we braved the fierce winds and rode our bikes all around then discovered Seaside Stables.....now this place is REALLY perfect!! :D The folks there were so nice and I got my "horse fix" petting and handing out treats to their pretty and gentle horses. Made me go thru withdrawals though, as I was a long time horse owner! We ended the day by watching some good football while enjoying the view of the gulf out our window, then to Angelina's for dinner. It was ok, but we sat right by the door on a busy night which was a bit frustrating.
It may be wierd, but now when I see local folks down there, I can't help but wonder...are you Kurt? Swgb? Smilin Joe? Seagrove Girl?? Or other nice people I enjoy reading on here!!!!!!
It's our dream and goal to one day have a place there, and I have no doubt that it will happen! Thanks for allowing me to share!!!!!

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Glad you had a good visit in SoWal and safe return trip to Atlanta. I was out of town so know I didn't meet you. Perhaps we'll have a chance meeting on your next visit. How was the trip from SoWal to Atlanta. Any new travel tips? Thanks.

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
We sooo relate to your trip although we were there a while longer, it does soothe the soul! Even sitting by the door at Angelina's beats the midwest when it is cold. Great post.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Great report!! Cold in SoWal is better than warm anywhere else any time!! :wave:

RB1

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2008
www.BeautifulBeach.com
Just back to Atlanta from Seagrove and as usual it was a wonderful trip. There's something about the South Walton Beach area that soothes my soul and renews my spirit!
Even though it was a bit cool, Friday was nice enough to spend time on the beach. There were more folks out than I thought there would be for October! When we saw some getting in the water we got the nerve to go in (well, my husband did); I just got my feet wet and it was pleasantly warm! Dinner at the Red Bar which is a tradition for us as I'm sure it is for countless other out-of-towners! Saturday we braved the fierce winds and rode our bikes all around then discovered Seaside Stables.....now this place is REALLY perfect!! :D The folks there were so nice and I got my "horse fix" petting and handing out treats to their pretty and gentle horses. Made me go thru withdrawals though, as I was a long time horse owner! We ended the day by watching some good football while enjoying the view of the gulf out our window, then to Angelina's for dinner. It was ok, but we sat right by the door on a busy night which was a bit frustrating.
It may be wierd, but now when I see local folks down there, I can't help but wonder...are you Kurt? Swgb? Smilin Joe? Seagrove Girl?? Or other nice people I enjoy reading on here!!!!!!
It's our dream and goal to one day have a place there, and I have no doubt that it will happen! Thanks for allowing me to share!!!!!

:chill:So glad you had a great time. The autumn is such a beautiful time on our beaches - sunsets amazing! Funny that you mention horses - my sister has a horse farm in the area (we grew up here and horses were a big part of our lives) and it is not too often that when visitors write about our area that they bring horses into the picture. Next time you come down, you should look her up and visit her babies - dutch warm bloods that are truly magnificent. Her name is Beth and she is the manager of our company, Dune Allen Realty (Vacation Rentals). Hope to see you in the future.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
Whoooo Weee!!!! You bet I will look Beth up!!!! Just one more reason to love, love , love South Walton Beaches!!!!!!! :clap: