• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
Any ideas why the heavy machinery is out in the surf?

destincam.jpg

I ususally like to take a look at the live destincam.com webcam and this is what I saw this morning. If you take a look at the series of photos it appears they are pulling something up on the beach. :dunno:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Looks like the pipes from Libery Island dredge involved in the nourishment project. Not sure where the cam is but last I heard they were still working in Walco. Also I would think they'd have the area blocked off.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
kurt said:
Looks like the pipes from Libery Island dredge involved in the nourishment project. Not sure where the cam is but last I heard they were still working in Walco. Also I would think they'd have the area blocked off.

Normally, I would agree, but I think that particular cam is in Okaloosa County somewhere near Henderson Beach. I thought the re-nourishment began at Miramar and ran to roughly the edge of Topsail Hill SP.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
The camera use to be off a condo right near Capt Dave's on the border by Okaloosa and Walton. Don't know if it still there - you could see it attached to the house when I walked that area of beach.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
When I drove by there on Thursday, I saw the guys working with plenty of pipe on the beach, but they were not pumping sand. Pipe, heavy yellow equipment and sunbathers were everywhere. Nothing was blocked off.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://www.protectwaltoncountybeaches.com/wwcb-WeeklyUpdate.asp

Week of May 22nd
  • Construction is expected to be underway through Costa del Sol , Mediterranea, Pompano Joe's Restaurant, and into the Miramar Beach Access area nearing completion of the western segment of the third landing
Week of May 29th

• At the completion of the third landing, construction will begin moving eastward from the fourth landing area which is near the Walton County/Okaloosa County Line.
  • Construction is expected to be moving eastward from the fourth landing past Maravilla toward Avalon Beach Estates
Week of June 5th

• Construction is expected to be completed in the Miramar Beach Access and Pompano Joe's restaurant area completing the Walton County portion of the project.
  • At the completion of the eastern segment of this landing, construction of the project will continue westward into the City of Destin .

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
There is still something in the water here. Whatever it is seems to be leaking oil. Yet, there is sits with no one seeming to care.

destincam.bmp

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
I'm glad I'm not sitting on that beach for a week..........kind of ruins the serenity of the beach :roll:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
JB said:
There is still something in the water here. Whatever it is seems to be leaking oil. Yet, there is sits with no one seeming to care.

destincam.bmp

JB, that is the pipe and the pipe is not leaking oil.