1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Trash On Our Roads

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by hutch, Apr 28, 2005.

1. hutch

hutch Beach Lover

Has everyone notice all of the trash on our roads. Take a bag with you during your walk and help clean up some. I notice that most of the trash in my area comes from construction workers throwing lunch bags, cans, beer cans and
    other crap on our the roads and streets. If you one of these people, please put your trash in a dumpster or something not on our roads. Thanks!

Thanks for listening to my ***** for the day!!

The hutch

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Good rant.

I see a lot of stuff blowing out of the back of pickups. And some stuff chucked right out of the windows.

I think it's a small percentage of drivers that do this, and I'd bet their front yards are trashed too.

It seems like when we have a house under construction in our neighborhood the amount of trash on the road in and out to the construction site is littered with trash until the house is completed.

3. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Kurt, if that is true, hats off to you for keeping your neighbor's construction sight fairly clean. It does stink to have all of the construction debris floating around the area.

For all interested, I encourage you to join me and others in picking up trash on Hwy 98 on this coming Saturday morning. We will meet at Cafe Provence and start at 8:00am and will be out there for a couple of hours I imagine, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the Art Show at Baytowne Wharf.

4. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Oops - the art show at Baytowne is 5/7-5/8.

5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Yes, definitely oops on Arts Quest, but no oops on the clean-up which is this Saturday.