• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
The guru will probably end up running 2 months a year effectivly. Will take funding to hit regular schedules because it will be empty or near empty most of the time. And then let's mix some potential drunk drivers in with some families and see how that goes. You tourist catering thinkers (friends) have not thought this through. This area is not big enough yet! Sorry to burst your bubble.
Signed;
"another transportation guru"

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The guru will probably end up running 2 months a year effectivly. Will take funding to hit regular schedules because it will be empty or near empty most of the time. And then let's mix some potential drunk drivers in with some families and see how that goes. You tourist catering thinkers (friends) have not thought this through. This area is not big enough yet! Sorry to burst your bubble.
Signed;

I have always assumed that if a trolley service were to succeed in SoWal that it would need to be part ad supported and part government subsidized, like many other areas with public transportation. I have heard that mentioned lately. Maybe it would be a good use of bed tax.

I wouldn't be surprised to also see airport shuttles to and from WaterColor, Sandestin and other resorts. And have wondered when Sandestin would start a trolley tour of 30A for their guests. Or a shuttle to some State parks.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Kurt, why does sandestin want to take people off their full service facility and let them spend dollars with others?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I have always assumed that if a trolley service were to succeed in SoWal that it would need to be part ad supported and part government subsidized, like many other areas with public transportation. I have heard that mentioned lately. Maybe it would be a good use of bed tax.

In the typical well-used mass transit system, only about 20% of the operating revenue comes from fares, with the rest largely coming from grants and general tax revenue. Seems like the TDC would have to be kicking money in for it to work.

emeraldcoastdav

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2006
Beachmouse, I hope we finish what we started before we jump into an expensive endevor like a municiple shuttle system.(hard surface roads in all of sowal, bike paths, or as older citys call them; sidewalks, in all highly populated residential areas). The county has put projects like these on hold due to budget constraints. Hard surface roads are a fire protection issue if nothing else.
I can understand the guru wanting to get his foot in the door for the future but this paticular door is going to slam real hard at this time.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Signed;

So what you're saying is, you're just upset that the story wasn't about you.