• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Saw a poll on FB asking about a bus/trolley on 30A. I like walking to eat/shop but there's a limit to how far I'll walk/ride my bike to eat or shop. Seaside to Grayton Beach is usually it. Also, we usually take leftovers with us, so riding the bike/walking, can be a challenge sometimes. The heat of the summer keeps us from walking/riding our bikes very far after 9:30 am or so.
It would be fun to catch a bus/trolley from Seaside to Grayton - looking out the windows at the views - and not have to look for a parking spot to go you know where. Think about Stinky's parking limitations.
Now, those of you who live in SoWal, if you don't want it, I understand. But I kinda like the idea.
Theoretically, I can park my car and ride to the Publix and walk/ride my bike and shop for anything I need while I'm there. But I do get antsy and do like to venture into Elmo's or something at Rosemary's Beach. Ellen

ten20life

Beach Comber
Feb 1, 2010
I think a 30A Trolley would be an excellent idea... I could see it being very popular and growing very quickly with everything to see and do in the area... Might be hard to find a seat!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I believe there was going to be a test shuttle done last summer by Sunshine Shuttle, running in the afternoon/evenings Thursday-Saturday.

But then BP's epic cluster put an end to it.

IMO it would a GREAT use of TDC funds to start running one. I would certainly use it instead of driving.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
The friends of Scenic 30A did a test run last year. They are all for it.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I love the idea of an open air trolley with bike racks in the front. It could really help merchants who struggle with parking issues! I rarely get in my car while at the Beschloss because we are within biking range of lots of restaurants. But every once in a while, we want to venture a little further.

I do not like the idea of bus or shuttle. Too stuffy for the beach!

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I want something covered and with AC. Rain, sun, humidity, bugs, can make an open air ride not so pleasant.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
As a local resident, I am all for the idea, Also, I would probably use it, particularly to go to Seaside and possibly Rosemary Beach. A monthly or weekly pass would be a good idea, IMO.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I vote for several small shuttles or buses that run on biodeisel or are electric. That seems to be the trend in more progressive suburban/urban areas so you don't have massive fuel cost changes, lots of exhaust, and less noise. I believe grant money might also be available if we go that route.