• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
People won't put up money for a simple trolley service much less a fancy train! I don't believe there is room to build a train either. Small place 30A! I just know we need some sort of service other than a few taxis that you have to wait forever for during tourist season as well as them being expensive.

The train in St Aug as I recall is just a wheeled trolley with 2 cars.

trolley.jpg

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
If you think you have to wait forever during tourist season, wait till you see what this does to traffic!!! I have a difficult time now getting where I need to go and this will be a nightmare on 30-A!

Sydney, Australia, has a FREE central business district bus that runs every 10 minutes. You can get to most attractions from that bus. We used it a lot. Saved money on taxis.

A trolley in SoWal sounds like a good idea. One question I have is where would the stops be so the trolleys could pull over so as not to block traffic. :scratch:

On second thought, why doesn't everyone who is physically able just ride bikes? It's great exercise. I personally can't bike due to a torn meniscus in my left knew from too much running, but my guess is that only a small percentage of people contributing to traffic are unable to ride a bike.

What do you think about my new theory?

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
On second thought, why doesn't everyone who is physically able just ride bikes? It's great exercise. I personally can't bike due to a torn meniscus in my left knew from too much running, but my guess is that only a small percentage of people contributing to traffic are unable to ride a bike.

It depends on where you want to go. If you want to go a far distance by the time you get there you'll be exhausted and certainly won't want to ride the bike back. Especially if you have a few drinks!!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

I think that it is a great idea unless you have been drinking, are traveling a considerable distance, don't want to sweat through your clothes, have a limited time frame, it is dark out, it is raining, you are tired.......

Bikes are a great way to get from A to B, but are very limited. A shuttle is an easy peasy, no skill required solution.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com