• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
at200513_model.gif

forecast models for Tropical Depression 13. Whew! Stay away, please.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If we can just get through the next five weeks or so, we *should* be OK. October hurricanes are rare (but still happen). Hopefully, this is the last one we will have to deal with until late summer '06.

From what I can gather, it sound like there may be more sand on some of the beaches than there was two days ago. Although some areas will no doubt look horrible. Overall, I think we seemed to fair remarkably well.

I'll be down in about six weeks and can't wait!

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
JB said:
October hurricanes are rare (but still happen).

Don't know how long you've been around here, but October Opal was the worst storm in a couple of decades. Water is at it's warmest.

Let's leave it at that we've already had our share this year. The rest need to go north and east across the Atlantic.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
:D Tuned into the weather channel after getting home and luckily they said Tropical Depression 13 was no more. Apparently it had dissipated. Thank goodness so we can still make our trip to Inlet Beach Saturday, although 14 is out there but looks a good way off.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Remember that Hurricane season runs through the end of November. To say that the water is cooler then so we do not normally get any that late is only wishful thinking, and we are all hoping for no more storms. The reality is that none of what we hope matters. ("Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which hand fills up first." - Bad Santa)

We typically don't have storms on the second or third day of the season in June, but this year we did. The Gulf doesn't have to be 90 degrees for a hurricane to be fueled. Forecasters have predicted many storms this year, and so far, they have been very accurate. The reality is that today there is no storm heading our way. What lies ahead remains to be seen, but let's not put our heads in the sand if another rears it's head and approaches us.