• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
AT present time, TS Karen is forecast to come ashore as a tropical storm Saturday. If forecasts hold we will get a lot of rain.

at201312_5day.gif

at201312_sat.jpg

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
summary of 700 PM CDT...

a Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Grand Isle Louisiana to west of Destin Florida

a tropical storm watch is in effect for...
* Destin to Indian Pass Florida

A tropical storm watch means that tropical storm conditions are
possible within the watch area...generally within 48 hours.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
I know it sounds crazy but I really need to chill - I know swimming and even biking are probably out but if I come in late Friday afternoon from southwest ga and return early monad afternoon will the trip be dangerous?
STay in Seacrest between rosemary and Alys.

I've been down during a tropical storm or 2 but my concern is driving in one- or having to evacuate.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I know it sounds crazy but I really need to chill - I know swimming and even biking are probably out but if I come in late Friday afternoon from southwest ga and return early monad afternoon will the trip be dangerous?
STay in Seacrest between rosemary and Alys.

I've been down during a tropical storm or 2 but my concern is driving in one- or having to evacuate.

Each storm is unique and it is hard to know what to expect. At this time the track is over Pensacola / Gulf Shores but it is still early ... if the storm passes to the west of us we will get plenty of rain. Some storms have blanket rain, and some have defined bands. If we're in band we get trained. In between bands and it's relatively dry.

The official notice:

What to Expect Regarding Traffic Conditions
• Heavy rain may quickly flood low-lying areas including roads and bridges. Standing water creates a serious road hazard, even when only a portion of the roadway is flooded.
• Dangerous road conditions can be reported to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at (850) 892.8111.
• Any closures will be announced as they occur.
• Bridges will be closed at the onset of sustained tropical storm force winds, or 40 MPH.

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
I appreciate the information. I'm still on the fence but regardless I'll be prepared, I know the route and I've dealt with bad weather before.
Good luck to everyone (and hope the roads don't wash out).