• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jules33

Beach Comber
Apr 10, 2007
alabama
Will be down at the beach next week. I am trying to decide where all to go eat. I love Cafe 30A but am interested in trying D&K cafe and Cafe Tango. Any preferences towards one or the other? Any other great places I should try? Thanks for your help!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Will be down at the beach next week. I am trying to decide where all to go eat. I love Cafe 30A but am interested in trying D&K cafe and Cafe Tango. Any preferences towards one or the other? Any other great places I should try? Thanks for your help!

I haven't been to D&K's, but Cafe Tango is very good and I would take it over 30A when comparing quality and cost. Just make sure and call for reservations well in advance because they fill up quickly since it is a small place.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)

Drop 30A and go to Cafe Tango and D & K's. These are our two favorites.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
D&K is GRAYT!!!:lolabove:

Borago's is very good too.

I like D&K's location much better. I can eat by the highway here in the netherlands.

Plus, it makes my New Orleans roots feel good!:rotfl:

I would go to D&K and Cafe Tango before I'd go to Cafe 30A again. D&K and Tango are very different, but each does what they do extremely well and at very fair price points. Tango is my favorite place in the FWB area, followed very closely by D&K.

We also had a fabulous meal at the Trattoria-styled Borago when we were there in February - the calamari was amazing! I asked for pasta with my Grouper Nicoise instead of potato and the dish was wonderful; my husband's penne with sausage was also wonderful.

I have photos of meals at all three of these places at http://nancyheller.evite.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b32a0a24e461

Enjoy

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
30A Cafe is good, but something is missing there, and I'm not sure I can define what it is. The food is good, the service is good, but I am never Wowed!

Get over to Cafe Tango or Borago. I cannot speak for the new D&K's, as I have not tried it yet.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Red Bar/331 caused me to stop ordering crabcakes elsewhere. :cool:

Borago has done the same for me with scallops. :wave: Bestest dish ever.