Uga vs. Lsu

Discussion in 'Sports and Recreation' started by chrisv, Oct 21, 2008.

1. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

So who's going? I know there's a bunch of LSU fans on here, I'm looking forward to a great game.

I'm heading over to NOLA Friday, then up to Red Stick for the game. Last time I was in BR was in 1998 on my way back from Vail when a 12th ranked UGA beat 6th ranked LSU 28-27, with Quincy Carter and Champ Bailey leading the Dawgs over Gerry DiNardo's Tigers with Booger McFarland and Kevin Faulk. I'm expecting a similar battle with two quality teams fighting to stay alive in the SECC race. Neither team can afford a loss.

Go Dawgs!

2. aggieb

aggieb Beach Fanatic

I'm going!:wave: and i'm taking our grill and we're going to grill some brats and drink crown. i'm meeting some girl friends there, but we need some place to stay.:idontno: nevermind i just talked to my friend and we're driving her dad's UGA motorhome.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  3. Busta Hustle

Busta Hustle Beach Fanatic

My friend Bwacko Bama says this game doesn't matter. Neither of these teams can beat his TIDE. He points out that his coach Osabin Bin Winnin took his LSU team to the National Championship after beating UGA twice that year. So he figures it will be pretty much the same this year. My other friend Aly Gattore says Uga looses to her favorite team anyway. Still this will be a great game between 2 good SEC teams. Yall have fun but don't be waving any of those big foam #1 hands.:wave:

4. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

I'm stopping by your tailgate:cool:

UGA has an uncanny record of beating defending national champs, let's see: UF 1997, LSU 2004, UF 2007, LSU 2008?

Just saw the injury report, UGA lost another LB and another TE in Tuesday's practice, there are more green (non-contact) jerseys being worn in Athens than red ones. I'm afraid my Dawgs might not have enough depth to win Saturday. Well, there's always the tailgating...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

An UGA RV? I know of several. I didn't go to many games while living in Athens, but I've met most of the people with UGA RVs parked near Baxter St. The one who threw the best tailgate was the Coors distributor for South Carolina. His RV was painted red and black and he parked at the bottom of the hill on Baxter. They always had plenty of Coors Light and good food, and were very welcoming to all who entered their roped off area.

Go Dawgs!

6. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Have funn. :wave:

Hey, you ought to make the brats German style. http://www.bratwurstpages.com/brats.html. Simmer them in advance in beer and onions. When you get to the game, grill them. Then cut them in half. Take a Chicago roll, cut off the top, add onions German mustard, and stuff the brats into the roll as daughter's German boyfriend showed us how to do. Yum! That's what we're doing at our tailgate for the Georgia Tech game.

[​IMG]

Yeah, Chandler and Ellerbe.

:floor:

7. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

ChrisV and AggieB - We are going to be at the game and tailgating as well. Changing the start time of the game put a halt to some people being able to go but we are IN! PM me and maybe we can hook up....:wave:

8. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

Yumm!

Nope, two more: Hebron and White

PM coming...

9. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

I'm going to have to dig up some more old pics from back then, we tailgated in the same lot at Baxter and Lumpkin, with Buddy Trammell at his motorhome. Always had the big sign set up that read "Victory Party Here Tonight!"

10. aggieb

aggieb Beach Fanatic

change in plans, can't make it this trip. rats. but ibd and cv y'all have a great time! bottoms up!

br the brats look great.:drool: i'll have to make those soon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  11. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

Started out in74 sittin' on the tracks, been to some great rv parties at the foot of Baxter. Staying at the Ambassador in NOLA tomorrow night after a tasty dinner somewheres and prowling the quarter then its coffee and beignets and off to Red Stick to watch the Dawgs win one so the ride back to BMB will be mo tolerable! Go Dawgs, gaters eat boogers! LUS too!

12. FL Dawg

FL Dawg Beach Fanatic

How bout them Dawgs. Now bring on the Gators and lets shut all those skeptics up!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!

13. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

What a game! Got a little nervous at the end when GA stopped playing.

14. GB KIA

GB KIA Beach Comber

Mr T likes him some Bulldogs and hopes they eat up some Gators next week. Mr T likes Jacksonville and hopes the Gators have a lonely bus ride home to Gainsville after thier beating.

15. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

I'm driving home from a fantastic time in Baton Rouge- Dawgs pull off a good win and I had several servings of gator etouffee courtesy of some wonderful LSU fans. These folks are far and away the best tailgaters in college fooball, I always enjoy my trips to Tiger Stadium. IBD, hope you had fun, sorry we couldn't meet up, the Makers Mark got hold early ;p

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  16. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

I am glad you had funn. I stayed up to late the night before and decided to go out in BR than tailgate. good thing. ha ha.

17. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

We were rewarded withe some excellent LSU hospitality Sat. and to think we thanked 'em by whooping their behinds. After the game LSU people were drinking, congratulating us on a good game, and cussing the Tiger defense. Long ride back to BMB, home bout 1:15 and already thinking about booger eating gaters. BIG game next week, HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!

18. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Glad you had fun. Baton Rouge gets a bad rap for the fans being hostile. I think you found they give visitors a hard time but are also very open to sharing tailgating fare and partying with foes. If you have any pics from your pre/post game activities, please post! Congrats on the win. The Cocktail Party should be quite the showdown:popcorn:

19. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

I've never had a problem in red stick.

However, come November 8, I expect things to be pretty ugly for UA fans.

20. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

Pictures!

I think that if you understand that the LSU fans are as passionate about the Tigers as you are about your team, everything will be fine. That, and stay out of the student section! I was "Tiger-Baited" a thousand times Saturday, to which I replied with my equally intelligent "Dawg Food", which seemed to satisfy them. It helps that both fan-sets have about the same hatred for Florida.

Click for pics