• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kim Kahalley

Beach Crab
Jan 11, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
Really enjoyed reading all the responses on the Real Estate Bubble thread. We are over in the Mack Bayou area, and while we love our large home we worked hard on, and huge pool we added, all the chaos going on around us (Sandestin, Scenic, etc) has us wanting to move east of 393. Anywhere from Inlet Beach to Freeport, but if Freeport it has to be south of Hwy 20. Windswept and Hammock Bay are just way too far for us. Does anyone know of any large community PLANNED developments coming soon with moderate sized homes (2,500-3,500 sq ft)? Under $750k. No DR Horton homes. We would absolutely love love love Nature Walk, but we are on the very long waitlist. It really sucks being a local, trying to find a lot/house away from all the tourist, only having to compete with tourists looking to relocate wanting 2nd or 3rd homes. We are not in a huge hurry, but wondered if anything was on the horizon.

TinaMidland

Beach Comber
Nov 29, 2020
inlet
Really enjoyed reading all the responses on the Real Estate Bubble thread. We are over in the Mack Bayou area, and while we love our large home we worked hard on, and huge pool we added, all the chaos going on around us (Sandestin, Scenic, etc) has us wanting to move east of 393. Anywhere from Inlet Beach to Freeport, but if Freeport it has to be south of Hwy 20. Windswept and Hammock Bay are just way too far for us. Does anyone know of any large community PLANNED developments coming soon with moderate sized homes (2,500-3,500 sq ft)? Under $750k. No DR Horton homes. We would absolutely love love love Nature Walk, but we are on the very long waitlist. It really sucks being a local, trying to find a lot/house away from all the tourist, only having to compete with tourists looking to relocate wanting 2nd or 3rd homes. We are not in a huge hurry, but wondered if anything was on the horizon.
Did you see the Owl Heads Farm planned in Freeport? What is the wait at NatureWalk?

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Owls Head is well north of 20 and DR Horton. Nature Walk Seagrove or Watersound?

Edens Landing phase 3 is nearing approval it looks like.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Watersound
I think if I were local and wanting to get something in a new subdivision in the next few years I would keep an eye on this site and planning commission reports. As things are nearing approval or just approved try and contact owners/developer/builder and see if you can get in line before anything official is released.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not really an answer but to fuel your fire, an apartment complex is planned for the SE corner of Sugar and 98.

If it gets approved, planning keeps sending it back. I believe they are also trying to use the planned (like five years down the road) traffic light to justify the additional traffic.

Jessica60

Beach Comber
Feb 18, 2016
Holidays Builders and Adams home are beginning to break ground on River Walk, it is just prior to the publix plaza on 331 and in a lovely area, with lots of trees/vegitation. I know they are already mostly completely sold, as on behalf of Holiday Builders at least. That is a great option to check out, I believe the homes are closing in December, early next year.

Kim Kahalley

Beach Crab
Jan 11, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
I think if I were local and wanting to get something in a new subdivision in the next few years I would keep an eye on this site and planning commission reports. As things are nearing approval or just approved try and contact owners/developer/builder and see if you can get in line before anything official is released.
Yep that sounds like a good idea ;)