• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Per your request I tried to find the post by the builder with an offer to meet with you. I guess the attorneys are really involved now, because all posts by on that thread by him have been removed, but I am sure you recall which post I am talking about.....your response was something like... that you had been dealing with his partner not him. Anyway, it does not make any difference. I wish you luck and hope you get well soon.

You are talking about another thread, not this one? I think I can find the other one. He signed on using his real name, but I don't recall him volunteering to meet with me then either. He certainly has not volunteered during this thread.

I guess the attorneys are really involved now
LOL they have BEEN involved. I just got my latest bill yesterday and it was a little under $32,000.00. Can I send it your way for payment?

Last edited:

Yellow Hammer

Beach Lover
Feb 14, 2007
Yes, I was talking about a different thread, but I doubt you will be able to find it because it looks like it was removed.
And you are welcome to send me the attorney's bill for 32 grand, as I followed someones earlier advice and ate some prunes.

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
Destinscuba - you are right, I keep repeating myself. I don't think other don't care, THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE and to YOU, too. Yes it can, you've help EVERYONE here to realize they should really DO THEIR RESEARCH before buying a home.

So, what are you saying, never buy a spec house? No, I'm saying that a home is a HUGH INVESTMENT and unless I was there during the construction I would have it inspected before closing on it. Weather the house was just complete or Thirty years old. When I do finally purchase a home with my hard earned money, I want to know what is there. When a friend bought their house a few years ago, the bank insisted they get in inspected.

Since you know the builder, why don't you persuade him to post........He did post in the other thread that Yellow Hammer was talking about, and he wanted to meet...I search and the whole thread is gone.

Being that you are in the middle of litigation with them, they were probably instructed to NOT make any public statements, hence that lack of any more posting.

and I'LL REPEAT
You've made your point. We've all listened, asked questions to get a better understanding and given you our sympathy for your situation. I understand that ALL YOU want is the builder to do something about it. There is NOTHING ANY of US can do, but listen and we have. You said
"that I do not want to harm this company" but with this thread continuing and being that you offed to name the company in PM's . YOU ARE DOING THIS. Being that the builder is a member of SoWal (they've probably read all of this) so they are aware of that. IF I was in their position and being that it is in the PUBLIC forum, I would have passed this on to my lawyers so that they were aware of everything involving the case. I would hate for any of the information you've given to comeback in court to hurt your creditably in the eyes of the judge/jury. IF it does, YOUR the reason for this. Has this accrued to you?
Again, I say PLEASE move on and let this thread die, if not for us than for you.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Being that you are in the middle of litigation with them, they were probably instructed to NOT make any public statements, hence that lack of any more posting.

and I'LL REPEAT
You've made your point. We've all listened, asked questions to get a better understanding and given you our sympathy for your situation. I understand that ALL YOU want is the builder to do something about it. There is NOTHING ANY of US can do, but listen and we have. You said
"that I do not want to harm this company" but with this thread continuing and being that you offed to name the company in PM's . YOU ARE DOING THIS. Being that the builder is a member of SoWal (they've probably read all of this) so they are aware of that. IF I was in their position and being that it is in the PUBLIC forum, I would have passed this on to my lawyers so that they were aware of everything involving the case. I would hate for any of the information you've given to comeback in court to hurt your creditably in the eyes of the judge/jury. IF it does, YOUR the reason for this. Has this accrued to you?
Again, I say PLEASE move on and let this thread die, if not for us than for you.

Seems like you are getting quite upset about this and I wonder why that is? JUST DON'T READ IT ANYMORE. No one is making you click on the thread. Is there someone making you click on this thread? If so, I advise you to call the police and get some help!

I am sure they have already passed it onto their lawyers. So be it. I am sure their lawyers will find some more ridiculous questions to ask me. Maybe they will ask me how many words I can type a minute since they already ask me if I knew who the father of my son is. Oh, by the way, can any of you answer this question? When your air conditioner turns on, EXACTLY how long does it run before the cold air stops blowing? Anyone timed that without being ask to?

Yes, I volunteered to PM who ever ask me who the builder is. There is wrong with that? Your law degree is from where? Many times is has been mentioned that court records are public information. People can find out without asking me if they want.

It all comes back to the same thing. The builder has and continues to handle this entire situation badly. They did not fix the defects on my home, they caused damages and continue to cause them.

People need to know this is happening because, again, it could happen to you too, and it may or may not be handled in the same bad way.

I would hate for any of the information you've given to comeback in court to hurt your creditably in the eyes of the judge/jury.

Why, it is the truth and they know it. Hopefully this won't continue to drag out for years to make it in front of a jury. And, again if it does, I have done nothing wrong, the builder has and continues to do so. The damages to me continue to grow every day.

Yellow Hammer, Prunes are on sale at WalMart I think! LOL. I looked for that thread and could not find it either and looked up the posters name and there seem to be no post under that name any longer.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Yippie has every right to be frustrated and talk about it, whether or not it's comfortable for other people. What I hear on this board is, "Sorry, Yippie, we feel for you, but since we can't do anything about it, can you please shut up?" I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes in saying that because I also know your heart is in the right place, but in today's society our fellow neighbors' needs are just blips across a screen, be it a TV or a computer.

I have been sitting here the last few days, trying to figure out how Yippie can be helped. All she wants is to have her quality of life back. That's it. :dunno:Can you blame her?:dunno:

She's been screwed by everyone that built her house, whether it was a one time mistake or not. She's been screwed by the county gov't and court system that are washing their hands of the situation. She's got HUGE health problems that are reducing her ability to just dang get up in the morning. And she's being screwed by a health system that does NOT treat environmental health issues WHILE the types of medicine that can treat her are a total out of pocket expense, which she doesn't have at this point because of the fact her finances have been ripped apart & her health isn't at a point where she can work like she used to.

The least we can do as neighbors is listen & open our eyes, ears & hearts. All I am doing is praying each day for insight to be able to help her in some manner.

Why? Because I know what she's going through with her health & finances because of this. I know that when the people around can't help you, it's best for you to be out of sight & out of mind. Would you want to be told to shut up on SoWal by your neighbors if you needed help?

Yippie's a great person. :love: In the midst of this, she still thinks of how she can help others. She's about as straightforward as you can get. Please have respect for her and her needs, even if all you can do is "listen" to her on here.

SoWal is a great community. Let's keep it that way & care about each other, even when it's uncomfortable and we can't even see how we can help. Sometimes, when we least expect it, there are ways we can help our neighbors. We just have to be willing to step out of the box.

Last edited:

destinscuba

Beach Lover
May 9, 2007
on Eastern Lake
YIPPIE/ORGANICMAMA:

I understand if she wants to relieve her frustration and I know talking about it will help. But we need ALL the facts to offer the BEST HELP. Giving up information that leads to more question isn't expediting this. If this is such a tragic event as she is stating(which I'm not doubting), I would tend to think that continuously reliving all the details isn't relieving any of her frustrations. I was merely suggesting that being it is in litigation and she's waiting on the builder, I would think that taking a break from thinking about it and not seeing this tread keep coming up could help relieve some of her frustrations, if only a little. We've expressed our sympathy for her and I hope she know that we're thinking of her/praying for her. I was trying to state that SoWal might be one less place for her to be reminded of all this. It could be her escape from the situation.

But This some of the reasoning behind my critical approach to this subject:

- In the original thread (which has since been removed) she named the builder but would not state publicly what the issues she had with the builder, but would answer in PM's. Being that I know the builders, have walked through houses of theirs that were under construction and know the quality of work they do. I simply and sincerely wanted to know what kind of issue she was having so I could be informed. The reply I got was short, abrupt, it questioned who I was and the motives for wanting to know, it was short, abrupt, came off as very rude, especially being that she invited us to PM if we wanted more information. I found it bizarre and it left a sour taste in my mouth as to her true intentions. Later in the that thread, The builder invited her to meet and discuss.

- Now she can't recall his invitation to meet and wants to shout from the hill tops that the builder screwed her over, and that there was no moisture barrier, and offers to name the builder in PM's. What's up with the complete 180 degree change? When we try to get more information or try to interject another point of view, so we can better understand her situation, and so that MAYBE there WILL be a way that someone here CAN think of a way to help. We are met with the same few bits of recycled info; she's done her research, she's within the time that the builder is liable for the damages, there was no moisture barrier, no insulation in the attic, the vinyl siding was just nailed to the OSB or a similar material, etc. The new information she does gives are again abrupt answers, that tend to lead to more questions. We're just trying to get the complete story. Here is an example:

Some[FONT=arial,sans-serif]one asked: "If the house has ever had any hurricane damage?" [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Her reply simply stated "[/FONT]Insurance claim on Opal. Nothing claimed on any of the others."[FONT=arial,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Yes, you answered the question, BUT it only leads to asking [/FONT]the extent or locations of the damage. The damages could have been something simple (like a fence, mailbox, garden shed) Why not tell us if it was? or more extensive(like the siding and moisture barrier blew off). We don't know. HMMM? Was the damage in the areas that you've mentioned (south side of house)and deal with the issues that you now want the builder to repair (lack of/improperly installed moisture barrier)? IF SO, who did you hire to repair the damage? IF SO, wouldn't THEY be liable for repair work that did? IF SO, where are they now?

Another time you were hesitant to post additional photos. Why? Your saying the builder is absolutely, completely at fault. Let us understand the full story. Why not post?

I'm not trying to be rude or doubt you, I'm just trying to better understand. We seem to lack all information needed to offer help and completely understand.
I do sincerely feel bad for her. A long legal battle and health complications is more that anyone should have to go thought, especially at the same time.

But Yippie cant' have it both ways. IF you keep repeating the same thing, WE can't offer out BEST help, we DON'T have the full, complete, unedited information.

I intend for this to be be my LAST post on the subject.
I will read your reply and then plan to NEVER visit the thread again.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

DS--here's a time-saving tip for ya--simply write "BUMP" next time you feel the need to 'let the thread die.'

--you can "ding" me a red square if it will make you feel better :D

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
YIPPIE/ORGANICMAMA:

I understand if she wants to relieve her frustration and I know talking about it will help. But we need ALL the facts to offer the BEST HELP. Giving up information that leads to more question isn't expediting this. If this is such a tragic event as she is stating(which I'm not doubting), I would tend to think that continuously reliving all the details isn't relieving any of her frustrations. I was merely suggesting that being it is in litigation and she's waiting on the builder, I would think that taking a break from thinking about it and not seeing this tread keep coming up could help relieve some of her frustrations, if only a little. We've expressed our sympathy for her and I hope she know that we're thinking of her/praying for her. I was trying to state that SoWal might be one less place for her to be reminded of all this. It could be her escape from the situation.

But This some of the reasoning behind my critical approach to this subject:

- In the original thread (which has since been removed) she named the builder but would not state publicly what the issues she had with the builder, but would answer in PM's. Being that I know the builders, have walked through houses of theirs that were under construction and know the quality of work they do. I simply and sincerely wanted to know what kind of issue she was having so I could be informed. The reply I got was short, abrupt, it questioned who I was and the motives for wanting to know, it was short, abrupt, came off as very rude, especially being that she invited us to PM if we wanted more information. I found it bizarre and it left a sour taste in my mouth as to her true intentions. Later in the that thread, The builder invited her to meet and discuss.

- Now she can't recall his invitation to meet and wants to shout from the hill tops that the builder screwed her over, and that there was no moisture barrier, and offers to name the builder in PM's. What's up with the complete 180 degree change? When we try to get more information or try to interject another point of view, so we can better understand her situation, and so that MAYBE there WILL be a way that someone here CAN think of a way to help. We are met with the same few bits of recycled info; she's done her research, she's within the time that the builder is liable for the damages, there was no moisture barrier, no insulation in the attic, the vinyl siding was just nailed to the OSB or a similar material, etc. The new information she does gives are again abrupt answers, that tend to lead to more questions. We're just trying to get the complete story. Here is an example:

Some[FONT=arial,sans-serif]one asked: "If the house has ever had any hurricane damage?" [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Her reply simply stated "[/FONT]Insurance claim on Opal. Nothing claimed on any of the others."[FONT=arial,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Yes, you answered the question, BUT it only leads to asking [/FONT]the extent or locations of the damage. The damages could have been something simple (like a fence, mailbox, garden shed) Why not tell us if it was? or more extensive(like the siding and moisture barrier blew off). We don't know. HMMM? Was the damage in the areas that you've mentioned (south side of house)and deal with the issues that you now want the builder to repair (lack of/improperly installed moisture barrier)? IF SO, who did you hire to repair the damage? IF SO, wouldn't THEY be liable for repair work that did? IF SO, where are they now?

Another time you were hesitant to post additional photos. Why? Your saying the builder is absolutely, completely at fault. Let us understand the full story. Why not post?

I'm not trying to be rude or doubt you, I'm just trying to better understand. We seem to lack all information needed to offer help and completely understand.
I do sincerely feel bad for her. A long legal battle and health complications is more that anyone should have to go thought, especially at the same time.

But Yippie cant' have it both ways. IF you keep repeating the same thing, WE can't offer out BEST help, we DON'T have the full, complete, unedited information.

I guess you didn't take the advise of calling the police to make whoever it is forcing you to continue reading this stop it!

I will address this and I hope you do read the response.

- In the original thread (which has since been removed) she named the builder but would not state publicly what the issues she had with the builder, but would answer in PM's. Being that I know the builders, have walked through houses of theirs that were under construction and know the quality of work they do. I simply and sincerely wanted to know what kind of issue she was having so I could be informed. The reply I got was short, abrupt, it questioned who I was and the motives for wanting to know, it was short, abrupt, came off as very rude, especially being that she invited us to PM if we wanted more information. I found it bizarre and it left a sour taste in my mouth as to her true intentions. Later in the that thread, The builder invited her to meet and discus
s.

I am not doubting the response could have been forseen as rude. I apologize you felt that way. I remember the original thread, but do not remember the builder asking to meet with me. I stated that I was already dealing with his partner, who normally is the "spokesperson or representative" (or at least has taken this roll legally in this matter). HOWEVER, In that thread, I very much remember openly asking the builder why certain things were or were not done on my home. He would not answer or did not answer my questions. I remember asking at least three, but got NO response from the builder.

(I may have a copy of the thread, if so I will see if I can find it).

Kurt, if there is a way to retrieve it, since it has been mentioned a number of times, I have no objection as long as the builder who posted using his real name has no objections if it is made available again)

What's up with the complete 180 degree change

Who would have thought that this situation would still be going on. You would think the entire mess would be over with and settled by now, however, as you have read earlier, I am continuing to be damaged to the financial point of possible ruin and it has gotten to the point of being totally ridiculous. I have mentioned the enormous strain this has put on me, my business, etc. I sound like a broken record, but this should have been over with long before now and it could immediately end at the instruction of the builder to his counsel. I am not going to repeat the legalities of what his insurance companies needs and has to recoup their loses.

The damages could have been something simple (like a fence, mailbox, garden shed) Why not tell us if it was? or more extensive(like the siding and moisture barrier blew off).

Opal roof shingles blew off, but the felt remained. Other storms I lost maybe 10 or so shingles off the roof. Ivan, there was a tree (thank God) that blew across the driveway, but did not come near the house. Dennis, same, maybe a few shingles, but nothing huge. The other storms mentioned, I don't recall much of anything if there was anything. Part of our question made me giggle about siding and moisture barrier blowing off. No siding has blown off my house and HOW COULD A MOISTURE BARRIER BLOW OFF IF IT WAS NEVER THERE? And had that been the case, the problem would have been addressed a long time before this mess I am in now.

The photos are enormous and I think you got the jest of it. One of the reasons that I didn't want to post more photos is because the house IS in litigation. The photos are quite extensive, but I will see tomorrow what is prepared in a format where I can post a few more. I don't really see the point in showing you mold photo after mold photo. Could you identify the kinds you were seeing?

Lastly, since court complaints are public information, go read the complaint.

I think you should rethink what you are asking me in your big red paragraph and rethink of what I am asking the builder to do at this point.

The guy who I hired to repair the damage is still around and we do not feel the additional problems were caused by him. They have all his information, no one is hiding anything. I would hire the builder again who attempted the repairs again in a second. You need to understand also, that at this point, there is no more money. I can never live in that house again. I do not want to add to my health issues and it still has dangerous mold in it.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have a reply for you destinscuba, if you want a thread to die, stop posting on it, encouraging responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.