• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ninaob

Beach Crab
Jun 4, 2023
Louisiana
Is there an issue with harmful bacteria in the gulf water of 30A area. I’m staying in prominence next week.
I heard a couple of weeks ago there was a problem. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
No problems - the water has been as clear as it ever gets the last few weeks. And mostly calm.

Latest sample report:

Latest results on the map:

And latest press release from 2 weeks ago:

If you should have any questions, please contact DOH-Walton at (850) 892-8021 or visit the Florida Department of Health’s Beach Water Quality website Florida Healthy Beaches Program | Florida Department of Health

About the Florida Department of Health

The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information about the Florida Department of Health please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.

It's good to revive this info which Walton County used to push out regularly. For reference here is an older thread about Gulf water quality from 2012-2019:

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If you're staying in prominence there's a slim chance you'll touch gulf waters.