• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Daffodil-11

Beach Crab
Feb 7, 2008
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, and am looking for a vacation rental for mid-October 2008 (preferably the weekend of 10/11/08), weekly or 3-4 days. We're looking for a beach front home that could accomodate a small wedding ceremony on the beach, and a tented outdoor reception. The wedding party, as well as my fiance and myself, will be the only people actually staying in the house- 16 pp, or 10 beds. We're very low-key and responsible people, but we're having a hard time finding a house that's both large enough for the wedding party and will also allow weddings and events. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SO much!

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
casa madalena, 1687 scenic gulf dr . i don't have the rental but i will search some. jennifer tucker was the wedding planner (850) 259-9288 is the number i show for her. if you need a photographer look at avalon photography (www.avalon-photo.com) (850) 835-5225

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
casa madalena is an ocean reef rental (800) 782-8736. there are photos on their web site.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just remember that rental companies usually have restrictions on the number of people in a house. The rule is generally number the unit sleeps equals the number than can be in it. Rental companies are also very leary about weddings. Just be up front with them about the number of people coming and check to make sure a tent is okay.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
And make sure the house will hold/support all of your guests in case of inclement weather.

Nothing ruins a wedding faster than a deck collapsing during the ceremony! :eek:

charlenemh

Beach Crab
Sep 10, 2009
Destination wedding favors

Here's the thing I love - use the destination wedding or wedding party rentals as the theme for your wedding! You can incorporate all sorts of
wedding favors, flowers, decorations, etc to go around the theme of wherever you are vacationing on your honeymoon or having your destination wedding.