• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Vacation Rentals in Walton County are now permitted, pursuant to the county’s safety plan, which includes cleaning guidelines. Vacation Rentals are now open in South Walton and other panhandle counties. Vacation rentals must follow the county's guidelines and are also subject to governor's orders that visitors from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.

Continue reading...

What do you think?

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB

Vacation Rentals in Walton County are now permitted, pursuant to the county’s safety plan, which includes cleaning guidelines. Vacation Rentals are now open in South Walton and other panhandle counties. Vacation rentals must follow the county's guidelines and are also subject to governor's orders that visitors from Louisiana, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.

Continue reading...

What do you think?
As far as a quarantine for certain states, the US is relying on an honor system. I know this first hand. Family members in another state have caught the virus and there is no system in place to make sure that people will comply.... I’m interested to see what the number of cases will look like in two weeks. I know that many of the vacationers will go back home and wonder what will happen to the locals in the service industry? This whole pandemic is something I never thought we’d whiteness. It’s such a difficult decision because many of our businesses depend on tourism. Most of the feelings I have are of gratitude in knowing that many of the businesses in town will have a chance to make it until next year. I only pray that people will stay safe and not judge people for wearing masks. I’ve already seen it.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I wear a mask because I care about my neighbors and the people I come in contact with. Except for the ones that refuse to wear masks and are too stupid to keep themselves safe and too selfish to keep others safe.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
FYI - I have heard from more than a dozen people at rental companies that current bookings for this period are far ahead of the same period last year. What this means is that we will have a very busy summer. It is going to be crowded and hot. I hope locals and visitors can practice kindness and patience. Our businesses are limited in many ways, not just capacity but staff and funds also.

:sowal: :wave:

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
I wear a mask because I care about my neighbors and the people I come in contact with. Except for the ones that refuse to wear masks and are too stupid to keep themselves safe and too selfish to keep others safe.
The virus has hit members of my family ( in another state ) and it continues to be an emotional experience. I wish that wearing a mask wasn’t turned into a political view point....

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
FYI - I have heard from more than a dozen people at rental companies that current bookings for this period are far ahead of the same period last year. What this means is that we will have a very busy summer. It is going to be crowded and hot. I hope locals and visitors can practice kindness and patience. Our businesses are limited in many ways, not just capacity but staff and funds also.

:sowal: :wave:
I feel for people and businesses all over our country and the world for that matter. I’m sure I’m not alone in the fact that I’ve been out of work for 2 1/2 months and watching my dreams slip away. Life is definitely about survival

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I feel for people and businesses all over our country and the world for that matter. I’m sure I’m not alone in the fact that I’ve been out of work for 2 1/2 months and watching my dreams slip away. Life is definitely about survival
So sorry to hear that. Post if you need a job or send me a pm if I can help find something for you.

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
So sorry to hear that. Post if you need a job or send me a pm if I can help find something for you.
Thank you, I appreciate you.
I do have hope.... my wife started working again and I might have some work in the near future. I definitely haven’t given up.

Last edited: