• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ackisner

Beach Comber
May 19, 2010
Hi!! Joined for the oil updates and b/c we visit the area several times a Summer. We will be coming again Sunday, July 4th. Any ideas on how bad the traffic will be? We are trying to figure out how to miss it.
Even thinking about leaving MS Sat. night???
We are staying in Seaside...would love reccomendations for the best fire works show.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Hi!! Joined for the oil updates and b/c we visit the area several times a Summer. We will be coming again Sunday, July 4th. Any ideas on how bad the traffic will be? We are trying to figure out how to miss it.
Even thinking about leaving MS Sat. night???
We are staying in Seaside...would love reccomendations for the best fire works show.

:welcome: Seaside puts on a great fireworks show -most folks will watch it from the amphitheatre where they usually have a concert to accompany the fireworks -but I recommend watching from the beach. Nothing is more spectacular than fireworks reflected in the water!

ackisner

Beach Comber
May 19, 2010
:welcome: Seaside puts on a great fireworks show -most folks will watch it from the amphitheatre where they usually have a concert to accompany the fireworks -but I recommend watching from the beach. Nothing is more spectacular than fireworks reflected in the water!

Cool. Thanks.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Traffic will suck! Just ignore it and try not to go anywhere - Seaside is pretty central for July 4th - parade, contests, live music, fireworks, etc. so you don't NEED to go anywhere. :wave:

ackisner

Beach Comber
May 19, 2010
Traffic will suck! Just ignore it and try not to go anywhere - Seaside is pretty central for July 4th - parade, contests, live music, fireworks, etc. so you don't NEED to go anywhere. :wave:

I plan to not move the car once in Seaside, one of the main reasons we choose to vacation there. We will bike or walk everywhere. I am worried about the "getting to Seaside" since we are not checking in until Sunday, the 4th. If we leave Mississippi at 5 a.m., we SHOULD arrive Seaside around 10:30. I am hoping everyone else will be getting there the Saturday before????

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I plan to not move the car once in Seaside, one of the main reasons we choose to vacation there. We will bike or walk everywhere. I am worried about the "getting to Seaside" since we are not checking in until Sunday, the 4th. If we leave Mississippi at 5 a.m., we SHOULD arrive Seaside around 10:30. I am hoping everyone else will be getting there the Saturday before????

There are more checkins on Saturday. Assuming the parade is on the 4th, it should be over by then. I don't think getting to Seaside will be a huge problem, but Seaside will be busier than normal. The night of the 4th, it will be crazy crowded. Probably the busiest night of the year. You'll definitely be right where the action is.