1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

vehicle access in Grayton Beach

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by lesinsa, Mar 21, 2005.

1. lesinsa

lesinsa Beach Comber

We are planning to fly into the area in our plane and need to know a: which airport is closest for small planes, and b: what are our option for getting to and from Grayton once we arrive at the airport. I hate to rent a car since we won't need on once we're there.

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I would think the closest would be Destin airport for small planes. There are a couple of shuttle services that operate from there.

The Destin airport, also known as Coleman Kelly Field, is located in the heart of Destin only minutes away from our beaches, restaurants and harbor. Although no airline service is available through this busy airport it can accommodate all corporate jets except larger airline equipment. Destin Airport (850)-837-6135

3. lesinsa

lesinsa Beach Comber

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure how close Destin was since I have only been to Grayton twice, and both times we drove, instead of flying. My 6 year old says no more of that long driving stuff please. So, this year we will fly in and renta house on the beach. i haven't been in 2 years and can't wait to get back.

Is is possible to rent bicycles in Grayton, or only in Seaside?

4. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

The drive from Destin is about 30 minutes. There are bikes in Grayton at Yellowfinoceansports.com or any of the other rental companies will deliver to your rental.

5. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we
    You can definetly rent bikes in Grayton. Here are just a few of the rental places serving the area. Big Daddy's, Butterfly Bike and Beach Rentals, Seagrove Cycles. These are just a few. Most will deliver and pick up at your rental location.

Enjoy paradise!

6. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Soon to be seen on SoWal.com :clap_1:

7. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Cha..Ching :D

8. lesinsa

lesinsa Beach Comber

We are very excited about our trip, but haven't hammered out a date yet. Both years that I was in Grayton, we stayed at the little yellow house across the parking lot from the Red Bar, and we will be staying there again this year. (It is owned by friends of ours here in San Antonio). Anyway, I can't help but wonder if that band still plays nightly at the Red Bar. I don't remember their name but the had 3 members and I think the drummer was black and does an awesome rendition of Mustang Sally. I have to admit, the Red Bar was the only place we spent any time at while we were there, so I will be paying close attention to this site for more opportunities.

9. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

The Red Bar Jazz Band plays Tue-Sat at 7pm. Sunday and Monday Vibe plays - an electric jazz band.

John "Jabo" Starks still has the funk:
    http://www.funkmasters.cc

http://www.funky-stuff.com/drummers/starksbiography.htm

[​IMG]