• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I heard some commercial development is getting ready to start at the Village at Blue Mountain? Does anyone know anything about this?

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
You mean in the front of it? I think there is still a for sale sign and one on the very small lot next to that one- that one says "reduced".

Bob Sakamano

Beach Comber
Dec 5, 2005
Just down the street is a sign for the "SHOPS OF BLUE MOUNTAIN BEACH"

YAY! Another strip mall on Scenic 30A. :whack:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Actually on 30A in front of Pines of Blue Mountain...not the village.....schedule to open late 2015.. 16K sq.ft. 3 buildings....

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Actually on 30A in front of Pines of Blue Mountain...not the village.....schedule to open late 2015.. 16K sq.ft. 3 buildings....

Don't hold your breath, even if it does happen it'll have to be tea rooms and lending libraries to meet the sound level requirements the residents there require.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
I rent a condo in the village. I wonder why they haven't done anything with the 30A facing property. It certainly isn't very appealing.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
Don't hold your breath, even if it does happen it'll have to be tea rooms and lending libraries to meet the sound level requirements the residents there require.

Tell us more about "meeting the sound level requirements that the residents require there". How can the residents dictate "sound level requirements" and who would enforce such "requirements"?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Tell us more about "meeting the sound level requirements that the residents require there". How can the residents dictate "sound level requirements" and who would enforce such "requirements"?
I'll tell you who WANT enforce them :BeachCodeEnforcememt:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

I'll tell you who WANT enforce them :BeachCodeEnforcememt:

Developers have been trying to develop that land for years. When a restaurant was proposed the residents of the Pines behind the property stopped it before it ever made it through the planning commission. Unless all those folks have left it may be an uphill battle.