• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Grammy Award winning musician Vince Gill will perform at the Links Golf Course driving range in the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort on Sept. 25. Gates will open at 4 p.m. the concert will start at 6 p.m.

Free - but you need a ticket. Get them next week at Beaches of South Walton - Back to the Beach 2010

Tickets can also be picked up at the Beaches of South Walton Visitor Information Center.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
First, I'm going to wait and see if they get the Vince Gill event tickets online printed correctly. They've got "Destin" on there after the Links Golf Course which we know of course is in Sandestin or they could put Miramar Beach! I thought we were doing this to promote people visiting, renting or staying in South Walton?:dunno: At least the front page of the Northwest Florida Daily News story only said South Walton, Walton County or Sandestin. It was a miracle. The Walton County TDC did get correct names out in that case. Information needs to filter down and out to whoever they are paying big bucks to promote, develop tickets, etc. People will be pretty burned if they book a room for three days in Destin, which is over in Okaloosa County, and realize they aren't eligible for the $250 Southwest or Silver Sands promos for Walton County locations. If they don't use this huge amount of BP money to promote name brand now, when will they???

Last edited:

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
Well I got our tickets and I can't wait! Vince is a family favorite. My oldest brother has worked for him for years but wont be at this show. In years past when I have gone to the concerts it has either been to see big brother or to party with friends. This time I am taking my best girls ranging from 2 to 48. I'm betting this will be the best yet.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I didn't get tickets, just a conformation email that I will get another email in a couple weeks?

Last edited:

Fanceenan

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Montgomery
I didn't even get a reply to my email. Now I hear that you have to stay in certain hotels/motels to get them. That means locals never had a chance! I think that isn't positive PR for South Walton! JUst my opinion.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
You are correct. They just became available online yesterday, and yesterday, they also ran out of the tickets for locals. Maybe the problem was that they were allowing up to ten tickets per person asking. Sucks for us, but this BP money was supposed to go to put heads in beds, which puts money in the local economy, and taxes in the coffers. Beaches of South Walton announced that they saved a few to give away, probably on their facebook page.

Sounds like the only way left to insure tickets is to book a stay in a TDC affiliated rental/room.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
The concert is happening to get outsiders to south walton. outsiders spend money, rent homes/condos, rooms, eat at restaurants, etc. which will make locals happy. It is positive PR, believe me. (I'm not saying that it doesn't suck for locals not to get to see the concert, but I understand completely. Just think if they used the money to have a free concert for locals who eat at home. Doesn't grind anyone's wheels.)