• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Grammy Award winning musician Vince Gill will perform at the Links Golf Course driving range in the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort on Sept. 25. Gates will open at 4 p.m. the concert will start at 6 p.m.

Free - but you need a ticket. Get them next week at Beaches of South Walton - Back to the Beach 2010

Tickets can also be picked up at the Beaches of South Walton Visitor Information Center.

Not if the homeowners have anything to say about it.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
First, I'm going to wait and see if they get the Vince Gill event tickets online printed correctly. They've got "Destin" on there after the Links Golf Course which we know of course is in Sandestin or they could put Miramar Beach! I thought we were doing this to promote people visiting, renting or staying in South Walton?:dunno: At least the front page of the Northwest Florida Daily News story only said South Walton, Walton County or Sandestin. It was a miracle. The Walton County TDC did get correct names out in that case. Information needs to filter down and out to whoever they are paying big bucks to promote, develop tickets, etc. People will be pretty burned if they book a room for three days in Destin, which is over in Okaloosa County, and realize they aren't eligible for the $250 Southwest or Silver Sands promos for Walton County locations. If they don't use this huge amount of BP money to promote name brand now, when will they???

I figured locals' tickets would be gone by the time they got this recurring geographic issue resolved, so I got you a pair! We know where it really is, so we should be good to go! :wave:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
It is way past the homeowners now. Why do you think they have any say?

I hear rumblins thumping through the grape vine.

Apparently the homeowners who would be most effected were never even consulted. There are about 60 homes that sit right on the driving range, and a wider group around that area, all of which do not want a bunch of drunken country music fans wandering through their yards.

Sounds like the first major clash between the new owner and the hoa's. Honestly I don't blame the hoa's and homeowners, I wouldn't want 10K music fans milling around my house.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
For reference, someone who actually plays golf in Sandestin should confirm, but I believe this is the driving range:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?q=sandestin&oe=&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Sandestin,+Walton,+Florida&gl=us&ei=-253TIThF8HflgeTtvGwCg&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA&ll=30.382677,-86.340067&spn=0.005049,0.006582&t=h&z=18]sandestin - Google Maps[/ame]

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I hear rumblins thumping through the grape vine.

Apparently the homeowners who would be most effected were never even consulted. There are about 60 homes that sit right on the driving range, and a wider group around that area, all of which do not want a bunch of drunken country music fans wandering through their yards.

Sounds like the first major clash between the new owner and the hoa's. Honestly I don't blame the hoa's and homeowners, I wouldn't want 10K music fans milling around my house.

Gee, if only there was a commonly used crowd control device for concerts - one that could be easily installed and taken down - to prevent this issue.

Wait, one does exist! It's called a fence.

Now all they need is some available staff w/ some kind of vehicle to allow them to easily patrol - but that won't mess up lawns or the course.

Well hey, they can use Sandestin Security and golf carts.

Since they're okay with golf balls bouncing off their house, and will get a free concert by an amazing performer, maybe they could just suck it up for one night and help the area.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
I think he means "back yard," as in the general vicinity, like I call the beach. It's my "back yard," even though I live off the beach.

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
Anyone in need of tickets for this Saturdays show? If so PM me...I got extras!!!