• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Pooped over it all!

It is a metal tag.;-)
We bring our Corgi's, two neutered brothers) with us now and then, walk them on the beach after 6 or so in the summer and 4 in cooler months on a leash altho honestly now and then we let'em run....they act like kids in snow for about ten minutes, then it's sit down and watch or beg for petting. We clean up after ours and others dogs poop, garbage, etc. as we do in Memphis where we live. It is just the right thing to do but most, that's right, most dog owners on vacation don't give a damn about any laws, acts of humaness, kindness, thoughtfulness, etc. They are just here for the RIGHT NOW RIGHT HERE! And get away from my face! We've had our share of confrontations and spitefulness. I guess we are not in compliance with the permit laws, but we will take care of that when next we bring them. But I am pooped with the entire mess of crap. Hell, just patrol and fine the miscreants. Get on with it. They'll either comply or stay away and in either case the beaches, people and County is better off without those kinds of people, and dogs. :angry:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We bring our Corgi's, two neutered brothers) with us now and then, walk them on the beach after 6 or so in the summer and 4 in cooler months on a leash altho honestly now and then we let'em run....they act like kids in snow for about ten minutes, then it's sit down and watch or beg for petting. We clean up after ours and others dogs poop, garbage, etc. as we do in Memphis where we live. It is just the right thing to do but most, that's right, most dog owners on vacation don't give a damn about any laws, acts of humaness, kindness, thoughtfulness, etc. They are just here for the RIGHT NOW RIGHT HERE! And get away from my face! We've had our share of confrontations and spitefulness. I guess we are not in compliance with the permit laws, but we will take care of that when next we bring them. But I am pooped with the entire mess of crap. Hell, just patrol and fine the miscreants. Get on with it. They'll either comply or stay away and in either case the beaches, people and County is better off without those kinds of people, and dogs. :angry:

Geez I was just explaining that it is more than a piece of paper.:dunno:

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA

Take care of it how? If you are not a resident you can't get one (or 2 in our case).

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Isn't it amazing how unique South Walton is - apparently we are the only place in the world where you are supposed to clean up after your pet and have areas where dogs are not allowed, or are supposed to be leashed or have a permit.

That must be why this is such a difficult concept right? :dunno:

Last edited:

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
Isn't it amazing how unique South Walton is - apparently we are the only place in the world where you are supposed to clean up after your pet and have areas where dogs are not allowed, or are supposed to be leashed or have a permit.

That must be why this is such a difficult concept right? :dunno:

I don't know of anywhere else where you have to be a resident to get a permit to take a critter somewhere. I'm not complaining mind you, my pups are happy just being with us.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
gotta buy some real estate

We own a place there so we qualify and have been just dreafully slow to comply but we will this year coming. And if you're looking, I have a condo there for sale, too. Just a sly plug....ok, not so sly.
Take care of it how? If you are not a resident you can't get one (or 2 in our case).